12 cooking questions quiz

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:11 AM
As the intro to this quiz says:

Can your cooking stand up to Bobby Flay’s, or does your cooking knowledge end with instant ramen and boiled eggs? Take this quiz now to find out! I got 11 out of 12 - since I had no idea what a Denver Omelette was. Not that surprising as I think that omelette isn't really known in the UK.

http://quizpug.com/can-you-answer-12-cooking-questions/

Last edited:
I got 10, 1 I never knew, and as I never order Denver omelettes got that 1 wrong since I guessed. I didn't look anything up, just went with what I knew.

I got 10, 1 I never knew, and as I never order Denver omelettes got that 1 wrong since I guessed. I didn't look anything up, just went with what I knew.

I thought you would know Denver omelettes @medtran49! But number 1, I partly guessed based on my very limited knowledge of Italian and how that pasta shape looks.

Last edited:
  1. No, I knew #1, it was another I never knew, didn't want to say which one as it would be an obvious hint.

Last edited:
I'll fess up and say my second wrong one was the carrots. Never knew they weren't always orange. I figured the colors we have now were due to selective breeding (if that's the right word for plants).

I'll fess up and say my second wrong one was the carrots. Never knew they weren't always orange. I figured the colors we have now were due to selective breeding (if that's the right word for plants).
I only knew because it was mentioned in a cooking show on TV.

We get purple carrots in our veg boxes from time to time. I don't like them - they don't seem to taste the same and always seem to be hard.

Just 9...

didn't know the Denver Omelette question, didn't know the caramelised meat bits question (hardly surprising since vegetarian since I was 11)… and didn't know the under ripe fruit/veg question.

carrots I knew because I have always grown heritage vegetables which usually have far more taste and diversity such as purple or black tomatoes, yellow or green tomatoes, white, yellow, orange, red or purple carrots, black potatoes, red potatoes, purple potatoes (and purple all the way through not just their skins)… etc

Got em all, but I took this quiz a year or two ago. I think I got 10 or 11 the first time. At least I remembered the answers. :typing:

Back
Top Bottom