$27,000 for a pair of perfect melons?

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:11 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Would you pay $27,240 for a pair of perfect melons? You're thinking of the wrong melons there folks! :whistling:

melons 27000.jpg

In Japan (especially the island of Hokkaido), fruit isn’t just something that’s sold at the corner store; perfect specimens are also sold at high-end luxury stores for massive price tags. Densuke black watermelons have sold for more than $6,000, two Yubari King melons (hailed by some as the most delicious on earth) sold in 2008 for $22,872, and another pair of melons from the Hokkaido city of Yubari sold at wholesale for $27,240 in 2016.

Or perhaps US$1 million for 1kg of tea?
expensive tea.jpg

Da Hong Pao tea, a dark oolong tea from China’s Wuyi Mountains, is the world’s most expensive and venerated tea. According to ancient lore, a certain type of tea cured the mother of a Ming dynasty emperor, so he had the tea bushes covered in red robes to preserve them. Several of these bushes are still producing tea leaves today, and it sells for more than $1 million per kilogram

More at http://a.msn.com/06/en-au/BBBfHqu?ocid=se

Apparently, there is a time every year when people pay the most unreasonable sums for the very best Durian. From Thailand, I think, I seem to remember.

Apparently, there is a time every year when people pay the most unreasonable sums for the very best Durian. From Thailand, I think, I seem to remember.

Durian is currently "in Season" here now so it's for sale everywhere. Currently just over £1.00/kg.

I remember shopping in a superstore in Kuala Lumpur. You could tell when durian was in season by the smell - evident one floor up and at the opposite end of the building (about 300 metres long).

Geez, I apologize.

But $7k later, and while they looked good, they they felt perpetually underripe.
Not good. God had it right the first time, for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom