4 Things to Fix a Mistake In Seasoning

Pat

Veteran
Local time
6:33 AM
A few tips to to help your little mistakes in the kitchen

If your sauce is too sweet add red wine and salt to fix the taste.

Stale Bread just wrap in a wet a paper towel and bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes, good as new

Soup too salty add potatoes to absorb the salt taste, remove when done, use the cooked potatoes for another meal.

Chili too spicy? Add Diary like sour cream or sugar to the sauce to cool it down.

These are excellent tips. I can't tell you how many times I have made something too spicy
and had no idea how to balance it out. I've added sugar but then sometimes it becomes too
sweet. I like the sour cream idea. I will remember to try this the next time.

A few tips to to help your little mistakes in the kitchen

If your sauce is too sweet add red wine and salt to fix the taste.

Stale Bread just wrap in a wet a paper towel and bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes, good as new

Soup too salty add potatoes to absorb the salt taste, remove when done, use the cooked potatoes for another meal.

Chili too spicy? Add Diary like sour cream or sugar to the sauce to cool it down.
Thank you for the tips. I made hamburger helper the other day, and it was a bit too salty for my liking. I actually thought about adding a potato to cut the salt, but I just added a bit more milk and water to it. That seemed to take care of the problem. I like the stale bread remedy. Although here in the South, we are more likely to have mold problems with bread than staleness issues.

I had been in the habit of putting too much salt on the food that I cook. I do not know but I think I put the right amount but my family would always complain about it being too salty. Sometimes I add some sugar to balance the saltiness but it does not taste right. Putting in some water would dilute the flavor. I guess I will try your suggestion to use potato

Back
Top Bottom