52x Errors

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
5:10 AM
Error received before posting "Old Or New". Short, but it did mean I'd to go off site & come back to make certain it'd had been posted.

On and off for the first part of this morning
521.jpg

Seems to be getting a bit more common now. At times I'll not bother.

Time is as given in the message, which equals GMT not BST.

I'm not aware of any server or network issues. @classic33 I notice you've reported similar on CC too, but I'm not getting any complaints from anyone else; are you posting from the same place/location when it happens?

Same location at night, but not during the day. Got the 520 Error at the central library in town. One server in Hull, the other in Canada.
Brought the site up, clicked log on, error message returned.

I had 521 and 522 come up yesterday at 8.15 am gmt
Yesterday was a special case: the power rack in the data centre that our server is attached to failed at around 07:55. The service provider replaced it very quickly and restarted the server, but a configuration error stopped the web server from coming up properly (my mistake), so it couldn't serve the websites until I manually logged in and sorted it out; leading to the delay until around 08:45 to get at any of the sites.

That particular problem has been properly fixed so it shouldn't happen again, but I was gutted as we'd got to 905 up-time days without a server restart ... and I was hoping to get to 1000 (geeks will understand :().

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I posted the screenshot because there isn't an explanation of what it is on here.

I'm assuming the sign up screen is much the same as the log on screen. Having had the error message on log on, are possible new users being met with the same?

I posted the screenshot because there isn't an explanation of what it is on here. I'm assuming the sign up screen is much the same as the log on screen. Having had the error message on log on, are possible new users being met with the same?

No, I don't think they are. I'm not receiving any reports from anyone else either here or on CycleChat, and whilst there are very occasional temporary network blips (which are to be expected) and the odd unexpected issues like the power rail failure, it only seems to be you that is seeing (and reporting) the errors with any sort of regularity.

This is why I asked about your connection - it can have an impact. I'm not sure where the Hull and Canada servers come into it - Cloudflare doesn't have any proxies in Hull and, unless you are doing something unusual, you shouldn't be connecting to the server from Canada.

I'd need more detail about the specifics of your connection/s, which I think is probably best done via PM.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'm afraid I have to add myself to the list of people getting these error messages @Shaun. Since the upgrade (coincidence?) I too have been getting them and I haven't changed location, though satellite broadband could be the issue I do have a good speed.

error 521.jpg

What I can tell you is that if I hit refresh and try again almost instantly I get a response. I am getting it from anything from just typing in the reply box, to hitting the post reply button to clicking on the smilie icon. Yell if you want more details or want me to run anything in the background to try to analyse the issue (at which point it will vanish without trace!)

There was a serious network outage for a couple of hours early Monday morning which stopped everyone being able to connect to the server, but the others are likely a result of me fine-tuning the server set-up (where I have to temporarily stop a service, apply the changes, and restart it). Most of that work is now complete. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom