9 Shades of Grey (foods) - how many can you name?

I could post my picture quiz if anyone is interested. "Cryptic" pictures indicating foods/dishes.

I could post my picture quiz if anyone is interested. "Cryptic" pictures indicating foods/dishes.
Go ahead - a while back we used to get quite a good response to quizzes. Lately, though they don't seem to have taken off. Unless you count the alphabet thread (but that doesn't require any skill or knowledge!).

Even the long running Cryptic food and drink seems to have dried up, although it was really just me and @Duck59 that kept it going, since no-one else here seemed to understand cryptic crossword clues! I keep meaning to post a new clue there.... will do that today.

since no-one else here seemed to understand cryptic crossword clues!
the problem was that no-one ever provided an answer or an explanation, so those of us not understanding still don't because we have very little to learn by... its that catch 22...
did anyone win, or did I miss that bit?

OK, I'll give you an example. If you're interested I have more, if not it doesn't matter.

Food 6.jpg

the problem was that no-one ever provided an answer or an explanation, so those of us not understanding still don't because we have very little to learn by... its that catch 22...
did anyone win, or did I miss that bit?
I never got round to answering it as it sort of fizzled out... I'll post the answers.

Re cryptic food clues, I have given the answer to the last one. If there are more, I will explain them in future. But I'm not sure that is why people didn't join in. I know you tried but I think you were the only one who did.

I never got round to answering it as it sort of fizzled out... I'll post the answers.

Re cryptic food clues, I have given the answer to the last one. If there are more, I will explain them in future. But I'm not sure that is why people didn't join in. I know you tried but I think you were the only one who did.
They could just be looking, finding it too hard and not wishing to say so.
I have long since accepted that I can't do them,so have no qualms in saying so.

Grey toned foods:

Osetra Caviar
Oysters
Clams
Grey Mullet
Grouper
Eel
Fresh anchovies
Sardines
Many fish varieties are a greyish silvery and black triology muted and / or patterned in markings
Some mushroom types
Some truffle types
Herrings
Mexican Corn Truffles

Off top of head ..

Is something wrong with me? I saw shades of grey and was disappointed when I open a thread with dead fish.. I think I need to go back into hibernation. I am really rusty. I could guess about 4 or 5.

Back
Top Bottom