A food you dislike that everyone else seems to love?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
7:15 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I know that we're all pretty big foodies here - after all, we're on a forum called Cooking Bites!

However - I'm curious as to whether or not you have a food that you really don't like, but everyone else seems to love (or thinks you're weird for not liking it!)

For me - I hate cooked eggs. It's fine if they're in something and you can't taste/smell eggs (such as cakes, pancakes, and other sweet things) but if you gave me a plate of scrambled eggs, fried eggs or poached eggs I'd scrunch my nose up and tell you I couldn't eat them. It's weird, because I loved eggs as a kid, but now as an adult I can't stand the smell or texture or anything!

What about you?

Peas. For some reason, everyone seems to enjoy peas but I cannot stand them. It doesn't matter what variety they are or how they are cooked, I simply cannot abide the things. Unfortunately, they appear to be served with virtually every British dish ever.

I don't know if this qualifies but some around me: not my immediate family. love to make corn pie when they are having guest and just the sight of it turns me off. I can't remember if I have even taken a slight taste. Sometime about it's very appearance is unappealing to me.

I never found melons particularly appealing and it always puzzled me why people were such fans of them, considering a far superior alternative exits (watermelons). But hey, to each his own.

Oh. French fries. Please stop poisoning yourself, people.

Cherry flavouring,
I like cherries but not cherry flavouring ,or cherry flavoured food or drink every one else does in my house

Sauerkraut.jpg

This, to me, is probably #1. Sauerkraut!!

I can't stand this crap!! Even the smell of it makes me sick on my stomach!! :headshake:

Egg yolks, the runny kind. I can eat yolks in a hard boiled egg and in scrambled eggs and fried eggs as long as the yolk is broken and cooked hard. In a restaurant my order, when asked how I would like my eggs cooked, is "over hard with the yolks broken; like a hard boiled egg only flat". If anything jiggles in my eggs it sets off my gag reflex. I've had this aversion since I was a child. And I must put ketchup on my flat fried egg to get it down. I suppose I'm hoping the ketchup will disguise any errant speck of wet yolk.

Egg yolks, the runny kind. I can eat yolks in a hard boiled egg and in scrambled eggs and fried eggs as long as the yolk is broken and cooked hard. In a restaurant my order, when asked how I would like my eggs cooked, is "over hard with the yolks broken; like a hard boiled egg only flat". If anything jiggles in my eggs it sets off my gag reflex. I've had this aversion since I was a child. And I must put ketchup on my flat fried egg to get it down. I suppose I'm hoping the ketchup will disguise any errant speck of wet yolk.
You poor thing! You have never had the delight of "dipping your soldiers"!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldiers_(food)

Back
Top Bottom