A knife for fish?

zuludog

Veteran
Local time
6:58 AM
I fancy doing more fish cookery, and have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube

Most people seem to use rather expensive looking Japanese knives. Is there any advantage to this? Or should I just get my western style chef's knife as sharp as possible?

I suppose there's more than a bit of 'man thing' to this - I don't need a very expensive knife, I just want one!

Depends what you are intending to do with the knife, I would think. If you are going to fillet fish then a flexible filleting knife is useful. They are long and thin. I'm not sure that you really need many knives for fish - I mean, apart from scaling and filleting, what would you use them for?

I suppose there's more than a bit of 'man thing' to this - I don't need a very expensive knife, I just want one!
We all like gadgets - man woman and child but I suspect that after a while you might just find yourself going back to the simple sharp knife.
Go for what you want. Experiment to see what's best too.
+1 there.

I fancy doing more fish cookery, and have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube

Most people seem to use rather expensive looking Japanese knives. Is there any advantage to this? Or should I just get my western style chef's knife as sharp as possible?

Wusthof Classic.jpg

Other than an expensive knife, I'd keep the knives as sharp as possible.

Back
Top Bottom