A question for iOS users

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:21 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
My brother has asked me if there is an app he can buy for his iPhone 14 to access more manual settings to use his phone to photograph the Milky Way better. He's seen some pictures that are apparently taken on an iPhone but the settings he can access give a maximum exposure of 10 seconds.

If he was on Android I could help but he isn't... he doesn't mind paying for an app if it will give him more manual settings.

Anyone any ideas that I can investigate please? I do have an iOS device with camera (iPod with WiFi), so I might be able to look at things but I'm not certain was iOS version I'm on (it recently did a big update and 16 comes to mind but I'd have to check when i get it back off hubby). It's the music system for my landcruiser normally.

Edit: It's on 15.7.2 which is installing now... I might be able to install and see if it gives him the settings he is after but doesn't know he's after if you get my drift.

I watched a camping video recently where the guy had an app on his phone that did either a time exposure or a series of HDR exposures, and processed them into a pretty good image of the stars. I'll see if I can find it.

The same guy also has an app that will identify star clusters and planets when you aim at different areas of the night sky.

CD

My brother has asked me if there is an app he can buy for his iPhone 14 to access more manual settings to use his phone to photograph the Milky Way better. He's seen some pictures that are apparently taken on an iPhone but the settings he can access give a maximum exposure of 10 seconds.

If he was on Android I could help but he isn't... he doesn't mind paying for an app if it will give him more manual settings.

Anyone any ideas that I can investigate please? I do have an iOS device with camera (iPod with WiFi), so I might be able to look at things but I'm not certain was iOS version I'm on (it recently did a big update and 16 comes to mind but I'd have to check when i get it back off hubby). It's the music system for my landcruiser normally.

Edit: It's on 15.7.2 which is installing now... I might be able to install and see if it gives him the settings he is after but doesn't know he's after if you get my drift.

I really wish that I could understand 10% of what you are saying but I'm afraid that I never will.

It took me 15 minutes yesterday morning to copy an image from my website direct to my handphone.

Actually it took me 12 minutes to fail to copy an image from my website to my handphone. The other 3 minutes was to download the image to my laptop and then copy it to my handphone via hard wire.

I watched a camping video recently where the guy had an app on his phone that did either a time exposure or a series of HDR exposures, and processed them into a pretty good image of the stars. I'll see if I can find it.

The same guy also has an app that will identify star clusters and planets when you aim at different areas of the night sky.

CD
My DD would be very interested in those apps for iPhone if you can find them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom