Advice for a baby shower?

madebyyouandi

Local time
5:42 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a female friend from the Ivory Coast who invited me to her baby shower tomorrow. I didn't even know men could go to a baby shower, so I was like, okay -- but now I have no idea what to bring.

She has two jhs aged kids, already, so I'm guessing she has all the basics taken care of. What do people bring to a baby shower? Diapers? Cake? I really have no clue.

Any suggestions? And if you're a dude, have you ever been to a baby shower?

I have a female friend from the Ivory Coast who invited me to her baby shower tomorrow. I didn't even know men could go to a baby shower, so I was like, okay -- but now I have no idea what to bring.

She has two jhs aged kids, already, so I'm guessing she has all the basics taken care of. What do people bring to a baby shower? Diapers? Cake? I really have no clue.

Back in the day, men didn't go to baby showers. Now they do -- and I hazard to guess that I am not alone among men in wishing that hadn't changed. :laugh:

I don't know how customs are in Japan, but when my friends have babies, I buy them gift cards to stores (real or online) that cater to babies/young children. I let the parents decide what to buy. That's what I would want my friends to do for me and my spouse.

CD

And if you're a dude, have you ever been to a baby shower?
I (along with my wife, of course) have been invited to several, but I’ve gone to exactly zero. :laugh:

It’s been a thing for a while now to not segregate invitations for baby showers, wedding (formerly bridal) showers, etc. My niece’s wedding shower was co-ed, for example. I didn’t go to that, either. :laugh:

Bring a mix of corn dodgers, hush puppies and doughnut holes, raspberry syrup and a can of whipping cream. Serve these with baby gherkin pickles and jalapeno poppers.

:woot:

Snacks for pregnancy cravings.

I have gone to every baby shower I have been invited to, I didn't actually know it was once a women-only event. In fact, I'm actively planning one with my wife now. So I can say that your presence, as an invitee, is most important but equally important to try and purchase something from the gift registry. If no gift registry is provided, gift cards for baby/children's store like caseydog said are a safe bet.

Bonus tip: since you have the skill, you could offer to take some casual photos at the event, I bet the host would like that!

Back in the day, men didn't go to baby showers. Now they do -- and I hazard to guess that I am not alone among men in wishing that hadn't changed. :laugh:

Yup. I asked twice to confirm it's okay for a dude to go kinda hoping she'd pick up my feeling that I don't feel like I should really be there. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom