Advice for an electric mincer.

elsmandino

Veteran
Local time
10:58 PM
Both of those look good. I haven't bought pre-ground meat since buying this:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/galaxy-smg400-5-meat-grinder-120v/177SMG400.html

The base price of mine is a bit cheaper, but I don't know how much the shipping would be for you (it's free shipping only in the US).

529370.jpg

Last edited:
Single phase power in the UK is 220v. 50Hz. Unlike US power where we have 110v. 60Hz, they have one leg of 220v and a neutral. Not sure if they sell any stuff wired for UK power on US based sites/stores.

Cuisinart Food Processor at home..jpg
Do you have a food processor? It can also do the job just as good. Chopping, mincing, grinding, pulverizing. and more!! :wink:

View attachment 16666 Do you have a food processor? It can also do the job just as good. Chopping, mincing, grinding, pulverizing. and more!! :wink:

Unfortunately, no it can't. There is a WORLD of difference between meat ground in a food processor and that ground in a dedicated grinder. Even the Kitchen Aid attachment grinder does a hugely better job than the food processor. Just for the record, we have all 3 machines/attachment and have ground various meats in all 3 over the years.

When processing things in the food processor things have to be adjusted so that you can accomplish success. I know how to do it. It has worked for me. Try it. Didn't spend $200 on this machine for nothing! :wink:

Last edited:
KC304BXWHA.jpg

While I was in a BB&B store yesterday, I saw this little gadget & got it.

Instead of dragging out the heavy food processor just for those pesky small chopping jobs & having to clean it, I'll just use THIS to quicken those jobs & get out of the kitchen in almost record time!! :wink:

Single phase power in the UK is 220v. 50Hz. Unlike US power where we have 110v. 60Hz, they have one leg of 220v and a neutral. Not sure if they sell any stuff wired for UK power on US based sites/stores.
European power is nominally 230v - it used to be 240v in the UK and 220v in the rest of Europe but is now supposedly harmonised at 230v +/- 10% (though there hasn't been any actual change in the supplies). So generally you cannot use US appliances in Europe - the voltage is too high and the appliance will get fried and (in the UK at least) trip the electrics. The only exception is electronics which come with a transformer - they tend to be dual voltage (but its always worth checking before trying it). You can buy step-up voltage converters to allow US appliances to be used, but its not very efficient and its rarely cost-effective.

Back to the mincers.....

I have used this manual mincer from Lakeland a few times - its very simple, works well, and is easy to store away. It could be a good one to try out to see if you keep up with the mincing before investing in a more expensive electric one?

18530_1?$325$.jpg

Back
Top Bottom