Advice for an electric mincer.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by elsmandino, Jun 8, 2018.

1. elsmandino

elsmandino Regular Member

2. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

Both of those look good. I haven't bought pre-ground meat since buying this:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/galaxy-smg400-5-meat-grinder-120v/177SMG400.html

The base price of mine is a bit cheaper, but I don't know how much the shipping would be for you (it's free shipping only in the US).

[​IMG]

3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

Single phase power in the UK is 220v. 50Hz. Unlike US power where we have 110v. 60Hz, they have one leg of 220v and a neutral. Not sure if they sell any stuff wired for UK power on US based sites/stores.

morning glory likes this.
  5. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

Cuisinart Food Processor at home..jpg Do you have a food processor? It can also do the job just as good. Chopping, mincing, grinding, pulverizing. and more!! :wink:

6. medtran49

medtran49 Senior Member

Unfortunately, no it can't. There is a WORLD of difference between meat ground in a food processor and that ground in a dedicated grinder. Even the Kitchen Aid attachment grinder does a hugely better job than the food processor. Just for the record, we have all 3 machines/attachment and have ground various meats in all 3 over the years.

7. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

When processing things in the food processor things have to adjusted so that you can accomplish success. I know how to do it. It has worked for me. Try it. Didn't spend $200 on this machine for nothing! :wink:

8. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

[​IMG]

While I was in a BB&B store yesterday, I saw this little gadget & got it.

Instead of dragging out the heavy food processor just for those pesky small chopping jobs & having to clean it, I'll just use THIS to quicken those jobs & get out of the kitchen in almost record time!! :wink: