Recipe All In One Beef n Rice

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:06 PM
This recipe serves 8 persons, but vary the quantity of ingredients to suit either 2 persons or 20. Naturally, for large numbers of diners, you will need more than one dutch oven.

This is a one pot meal with the rice cooked with the ground beef and vegetables.
It's an ideal recipe for campers.

Just Add

• 2 lb/1 kg premium grade ground beef
• 1 onion, diced or 8 tsp dehydrated onion
• 2 cups uncooked rice
• 1 can/14 oz/400gm diced tomatoes, including juices
• 2 stock cubes
• 5 cups water
• 2 packets dehydrated corn and peas
• 3 tspn paprika (optional)
• 2 tomato paste sachets (2oz/50gm each)
• Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare
  • Into a hot dutch oven, brown the ground beef and onion.
  • Stir in uncooked rice and cook for a few minutes
  • Toss in all the ingredients
  • Cover with the lid. Put the dutch oven onto the hot part of the fire, and bring to the boil Then move it to the coals to simmer.
  • The meal is ready when the rice is cooked. This is generally about 30 minutes

This meal is a convenient and tasty one pot dish.
The key to successful cooking with a camping dutch oven is to master the hot and cool spots on the fire.

Dehydrated this and dehydrated that. Anyway I have cooked a similar one pot beef and rice just a completely different method. Cooking the beef in various herbs and spices until tender enough,adding the rice, allowing it to simmer until cooked and ready to serve. I prefer to use chicken for this dish as it's much quicker to work with. No Guinness.

No Guinness, cooked in a Hay Box on camp, with minors. So none in it this time.

I would prefer not to use the dehydrated veggies. I would use fresh or frozen instead. Other then that it sounds great. I make something a bit similar so the next time I make it I will try it this way instead.

Late to the party with this but I'll have to give this a try. Ground beef is a staple thing we always have in the house and I'm often looking for ways of shaking it up and making something new! This sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom