All in one cookers

you camp in december
yes I do as well. In fact in the UK, February is generally the coldest month now. The last time I wild camped alone, it went down to -11C for over a week with a low of -15C towards the end. It was fabulous and produced some amazing photos. But I started to have problems with the 4 seasons gas I was using because it had been cold for so long. I had to go out and buy a new stove - one that was pressurised so that I could stay camping.

I have also camped in England (the above was the Highlands of Scotland) when it has been below -10C for the entire week (that was the warmest it got during the day) and dropping to -18C to -20C at night. It was a fabulous week and we loved every minute of it, but you needed crampons and ice axes to get out on the mountains (which luckily we had) and as with all of these times you had to be there when it started to be there at all... that particular time it was above freezing on Christmas Eve (yes we camp over Christmas and new Year) and dropped suddenly, with around 12 inches of snow falling during the course of the day. I literally went into the shower block when it was sunny, was the only person there on a coin operated system (so no long lingering shower) and came out to find 2 inches of snow which was a problem because I had gone to the shower in bare feet! The Scotland trip was without snow, but it was also a case of if you didn't have the pegs in the ground before the freeze arrived, you were not putting up a tent at all.... Loved every minute of both of those and have had others over the years, but those 2 are the ones I remember the best.

That's what I thought - I've never used one, but given the relatively low power output of a camping stove I would have thought you'd struggle to heat it evenly, or at least you'd burn through plenty of gas to do so.
You might be surprised at the power output from modern camping stoves.

As for cooking on a campfire, how do you feel about cooking a 50lb turkey on one! A Scout group I know cooked one the weekend before Christmas. They do it every year.

You might be surprised at the power output from modern camping stoves.

As for cooking on a campfire, how do you feel about cooking a 50lb turkey on one! A Scout group I know cooked one the weekend before Christmas. They do it every year.
I wasn't thinking output, I was thinking weight of a dutch oven.

Kenwood mixer cooker..jpg

Here's yet another cooking appliance - the Kenwood Mixer / Cooker.

Supposed to be the very ultimate in food prep. All for just $999.99! I'm not getting this either!! Hah!:headshake::stop:

View attachment 4969

Here's yet another cooking appliance - the Kenwood Mixer / Cooker.

Supposed to be the very ultimate in food prep. All for just $999.99! I'm not getting this either!! Hah!:headshake::stop:
Kenwood chefs are wonderful things. don't need most of the attachments though. have had them over the years. grown up with Kenwood chefs around all the time. got one now with me in Australia. only really use the bowl and 3 whisks though. k beater, balloon whisk and the dough hook which I would never be without. it lasts a life time of it isn't dropped on the floor :)whistle:)... never paid more than £75 for mine though! one was a cheap as £25 which I have to a family member 5 years ago as I was preparing to (attempt to) cycle around the world. had I have known I would only be on the road 12 months, I would have kept it!

Good news on that one. I can only find it for the UK and other places that use 220 instead of 110.

Look at all that stuff that comes with it!

Definitely opens the door for clutter to come into the kitchen & take over!!

The beaters, 6 slicing & shredding disks, the blender and food processor attachment!! And no storage case to put all that stuff in when not in use!!

And besides, $999.99 is way over have my money & budget every month!!! That is more than a month's rent!!!:headshake::eek::stop:

Last edited:

Definitely opens the door for clutter to come into the kitchen & take over!!

The beaters, 6 slicing & shredding disks, the blender and food processor attachment!! And no storage case to put all that stuff in when not in use!!

And besides, $999.99 is way over have my money & budget every month!!! That is more than a month's rent!!!:headshake::eek::stop:
No rent here but it is a month's worth of bills.
I saw everything it came with. I think I will stick with my kitchenaid.

No rent here but it is a month's worth of bills.
I saw everything it came with. I think I will stick with my kitchenaid.

I would, if I were you! You got a good one!!
I can find lots of things to do with that kind of money than to buy an astronomically expensive piece of machinery like THAT!! :headshake:

Most models don't come with all that. usually it is just 2 beaters (no dough hook) and the liquidizer and brand new prices start around the £199 mark.

if you choose the tip of the range model as an example, you should expect lots of accessories. I'm sure kitchenaid stuff comes with lots of crap as well as a large price tag. so let's be fair.

Here you go. comes with no accessories and a £1,426.78 price tag. for nothing but a mixer.
kitchenaid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom