Recipe Almond Nougat (Turron de Alicante )

Francesca

Local time
6:37 AM
Almond Nougat ..

Traditional Turrón, or Nougat is made from ground peeled almonds. It is steeped in historical Moorish and Hebrew cultures. It arrived in Alicante, via the Moorish Navigators heading west on the Mediterranean and found themselves in Sicily and The Southeastern Coast of Spain.

The Recipe:

300 Grams of peeled raw almonds grounded
100 grams of Sugar ( Golden Brown or White )
Powdered Cinammon
200 Grams of Honey
1 Egg White
Lemon Zest

1) Toast the almonds 1st and then Grind the almonds to a paste or purchase ground ..

2) Whisk the White of the Egg.

3) Take a sauté pan and place the sugar and the honey, and simmer on a slow flame to médium. Stir this mixture with a wooden spatula or wooden spoon until homogenuous ..

4) Take the sauté pan off the flame. And add the White egg mixture to the sugar and honey mixture ..

5) The mixture may have some lumps, so you need to stir until the lumps have disappeared.

6) Now, add the cinammon and then the lemon zest minced very finely. Stir approx. 10 to 12 minutes. You shall obtain a velvety but thick texture ..

7) Take this mixture and add the finely ground almond dust floury textured almonds.

8) Combine extremely well ..

9) Place this mixture on parchment paper or on top of a large mold. Place a weight on top of the paper or the mold and let sit for 2 to 3 days ..

10) It must harden to become nougat ..

This must be placed in a cool place and thus, best to prepare this during the late Autumn or Winter.

It is absolutely amazingly wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening / day ..

I've never attempted to make nougat although I know the theory. I have a problem here as no-one really likes sweet food in this house! Have you made it yourself, @Francesca? I know it can be a bit tricky to do.

I've never attempted to make nougat although I know the theory. I have a problem here as no-one really likes sweet food in this house! Have you made it yourself, @Francesca? I know it can be a bit tricky to do.

@morning glory

Yes, however, only during The Christmas Holidays with some help from my Mom and Mom in Law .. It is laborious. They have taught me to prepare it however, it is not something I make regularly so I have to look at the récipe and follow carefully ..

Have a nice day ..

Back
Top Bottom