The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

How about yarrow?
Reading up on it and it seems that just about every part above ground except leafy green was used from what I can see which technically makes it a spice. And again it is continually referenced as a medicinal herb not a culinary one with the extract/oil or infusions being the main use though I did find a single reference to the Cherokee using it as a herbal tea but again in the medicinal sense not a culinary herbal sense. It's a fine line and yarrow seems to be on the wrong side hence me going for the south American Yerba maté herbal tea because it is much more widely used as a drink (which do see to have crept in as culinary herbs !) than yarrow is (single incited reference in wiki (not perhaps the best evidence of it being used as a herb rather than as a spice ?)

I think yarrow definitely counts: https://foragerchef.com/cooking-with-yarrow/

Yarrow is a soft herb, very similar to tarragon, you can substitute them for each other. Also, mixing yarrow with other soft herbs like tarragon, chervil, or parsley is a great way to enjoy it’s flavor if you find it a bit powerful for your tastes.

Zinnias (particularly the petals)

Zinnias are edible blooming plants that are usually on the easy ends in the spectrum to grow. They’re the second plant to be tested in the space station’s hydroponic VEGGIE lab. Astronauts taste-tested their previous crop, lettuce, last last year. Zinnias are most commonly eaten in salads, but also made a tasty accent to tacos.
https://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-first-flower-grown-in-space-1753366441

does eating the petals in a salad makes them a culinary herb? Technically that would make something like a daisy a culinary herb if we went with that definition of a dandelion. Or am I missing something :(

Ok - lets assume that we did culinary herbs. What next? Suggestions please.

Here is what we have had so far:
  • Alcoholic drinks
  • Vegetables
  • Spices
  • French
  • Mexican
  • Red food and drink
  • Desserts
  • Brands and manufacturers
  • White food and drink
  • Green vegetables
  • Italian food and drink