Pancakes
1-1/ 4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg beaten
1 1/3 cups milk
3 tablespoons oil

In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add the egg, milk and oil. Stir until blended.
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Oil lightly. Pour 1/4 cup of butter on to the skillet. You can make more than one at a time. Cook until bubbles form and burst. Turn over and cook other side until golden brown.

Feel free to let me know if anything needs translated.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll do it very soon and I'll tell you. You've been very kind to worry about translate.
(If I make mistakes in English let me know.)
Bye Bye.

Here is a recipe from a good buddy, a guy I consider my internet older brother, Chief Longwind. A truely great guy, wonderful father, and not a bad cook. (I can only teach him so much).

Ingredients: Dry Ingrediants:
1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
2 tbs. Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Double Acting Baking Powder (You must use Double Acting Baking Powder to get the best texture)

Wet Ingrediants:
3/4 plus 1/8 cup milk (180g plus 30g)
1 large Egg
3 tbs. Cooking oil
Preheat the griddle. Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk or mixing spoon. Add the remaining ingredients and again stir until mixed. Do not stir until all the lumps are gone as this will over mix the batter. There should be small lumps. These will disappear while cooking the pancakes.
Cook over medium heat until the bubbles close slowly as they rise and pop. Do not cook until the bubbles stay open as this will dry out the pancake. And most importantly, Don’t squish them down with your cake turner or spatula. When they are ready to flip, turn them over and cook for about 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and serve immediately. If you must cook up enough for a bunch of people, keep them warm by stacking in a large-rectangular cake pan and placing the pan into a 120' oven covered with a clean kitchen towel.
You can add blueberries to the uncooked batter without changing anything else. However, if you add acidic fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, or pineapple, you will need to add ½ tsp. Baking soda to the batter to balance the acid from the fruit.
The above recipe makes enough pancakes for two people. You can easily enlarge the recipe by simply multiplying the ingredients by the same number. That is, if you double the flour, multiply all other ingredients by two.

From the kitchen of the Chief

Last edited:
Thanks Tom.

At the OP, most US recipes are written in cups and spoons. A cup is generally 8 oz.
I wasn't sure what measuring system Italy used.
Next time, I will know to put it in grams for you.

Back
Top Bottom