Recipe Andouille Lime Bean Soup

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:36 AM
This is a nice soup with the zip of Lime. Like usual, I kind of invented it, but I'm sure there are Andouille Sausage soups that have been previously pioneered by some others.

The Lime went well in this soup.

AndouilleLimeBeanSoup.png

Ingredients:

ALBS_Ingredients.png

Procedure:

1) Soak about 1 cup of Bean mix overnight.
2) In a crock pot, heat the beans at 275 degrees.
3) Stir regularly and add water as required.
4) Dice up one Shallot, one Anaheim Pepper, one Garlic Clove and two Tomatoes.
5) Cross slice two Andouille Sausages.
6) Test for softness of the heating beans periodically.
7) If the beans are softened well enough,
i) Add diced Shallot, Anaheim Pepper, Garlic and Tomato.
ii) Add sliced Andouille Sausage.
iii) Add Spices.
8) Cut 4 Limes in half. (This will put the tart in tart)
9) With a teaspoon, scoop out the Lime Juice and Flesh into the pot.
10) Slow cook for another hour with the lid on.
11) Serve by ladling into suitable soup bowls.

This soup is not only tart from the Limes, but nice and spicy. If you like Chili, this soup will beat any Jail House Chili hands down.

AndouilleLimeBeanSoup.png

This is the sort of soup that'll knock down a cold, if you need such a remedy. It is a tart spicer.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. :chef::okay:

I like this very much. That andouille sausage (which I've heard so much about but can't obtain) I can imagine works really well with the earthy beans and the tangy lime and then the hit of pepper. :okay:

I like this very much. That andouille sausage (which I've heard so much about but can't obtain) I can imagine works really well with the earthy beans and the tangy lime and then the hit of pepper. :okay:

France isn't that far away from you. That's where Andouille Sausage originated.

France isn't that far away from you. That's where Andouille Sausage originated.

Yes, I know - and I've eaten it in France a long time ago but for some reason its not available in the UK. The andouillette I ate in France was very much the intestines and other bits of piggy - a very strong taste. I love it.

Last edited:
It's still cold here, and I was just trying to figure out what kind of soup to make next to warm me up. I think this might be the thing (though I'm not sure where to get a 13 bean mix, I think I could find something suitable as a replacement).

It's still cold here, and I was just trying to figure out what kind of soup to make next to warm me up. I think this might be the thing (though I'm not sure where to get a 13 bean mix, I think I could find something suitable as a replacement).

13 and 15 Bean Soup Mixes are common in all grocery store chains. Just go to the dried beans aisle.

Yes, I know - and I've eaten it in France a long time ago but for some reason its not available in the UK. The andouillette I ate in France was very much the intestines and other bits of piggy - a very strong taste. I love it.
I just read that they're not the same thing. Andouille sausage is generally made from...well, the parts of the pig not involved in digestion. The spices are what distinguish it from other sausages, but I've had mild andouille sausage before. None of these variations have a particularly intense meat flavor.

I just read that they're not the same thing. Andouille sausage is generally made from...well, the parts of the pig not involved in digestion. The spices are what distinguish it from other sausages, but I've had mild andouille sausage before. None of these variations have a particularly intense meat flavor.

I think the original would have been the same or similar as it was brought over to Louisiana by the French - I think its changed over time perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom