Any Good Use For Pickle Juice?

Bakemehappy

Veteran
Local time
2:05 AM
Do you use pickle juice in you cooking or do you just discard it like I do? I think there are some good use to it mind sharing your ideas on how to use the juice? What kind of dishes or recipes can you use it with?

I guess you could use it in place of vinegar - maybe mix it with some herbs and a little oil as a dressing for salads? It would be nice and zingy, for sure!

I reckon it would also be pretty good as a meat tenderizer or marinade if mixed with some other stuff!

I use it to make Danny Burger Sauce. It is a sauce that they use on burgers at a local restaurant in my hometown and it calls for pickle juice so whenever I have pickle juice on hand I make up this sauce. It is really quite tasty.

It is amazing how you can find a use for almost everything if you look hard enough. It is cool when people repurpose items including food and stop being so wasteful. I am just in awe of people that can repurpose nearly everything in their lives. It really cuts down on waste...and is environmentally friendly.

I use it to make Danny Burger Sauce. It is a sauce that they use on burgers at a local restaurant in my hometown and it calls for pickle juice so whenever I have pickle juice on hand I make up this sauce. It is really quite tasty.

Ooooh, I want to know more about this sauce!! I'm curious! I love finding interesting regional burger specialties!

I had recipes for beef, pork and chicken that I use pickle juice for marinating that is why I do not discard this and just kept it in case I will be needing it for my recipes. Sometimes when I am eating fried fish I use it as a dipping sauce which is appetizing to me.

I know a lot of athletes, particularly cyclists, who drink pickle juice during long rides. It supposedly helps prevent muscle cramps. I have been on long distance, organized rides before where they handed out "Pickle Pops" and shots of pickle juice at the rest stops. Not being a fan of pickles, I couldn't bring myself to try it, but many, many of the riders were all over the offerings.

I know a lot of athletes, particularly cyclists, who drink pickle juice during long rides. It supposedly helps prevent muscle cramps. I have been on long distance, organized rides before where they handed out "Pickle Pops" and shots of pickle juice at the rest stops. Not being a fan of pickles, I couldn't bring myself to try it, but many, many of the riders were all over the offerings.
Wow that is very interesting. I never heard of that before. Learned another new thing on here! I love pickles but I am not sure I could drink pickle juice or eat a pickle pop though.

It sounds good! I think it would have a really interesting zingy kick to it!

Yes it does. It works really well with the burger. When the restaurant serves it, they put the sauce all over the top of the bum and you eat it with a fork and knife.

This is what it looks like.at the restaurant when you order it!
upload_2016-1-22_8-36-32.png

I always pour a bit of pickle juice in my potato salad. My grandmother taught me to do that. My kids also drink it. I know that sounds really unappetizing but they seem to love it. I'm not sure it's good for them. I did notice on another site someone had made pickle soup. I meant to ask how she did it and lost the link.

Ooooh, I want to know more about this sauce!! I'm curious! I love finding interesting regional burger specialties!

I am also quite curious to know more about this sauce that you can use on your burgers. It is such a waste not knowing what to do with this pickle juice. I am also agreeing to the idea of using it as a marinade that was mentioned by the other members. If you guys had tried something please do not hesitate to share your simple recipe.

The only use of pickle juice for us is in vegetable salad. As @cupcakechef said, it is a good substitute for vinegar. And you need not add some flavor to it since it is already a complete salad dressing. I remember a few Christmases ago when we had the reunion in our house and we had steak and vegetable salad with that dressing - the juice of pickles. The guests enjoyed the steak but they were asking the recipe of the salad dressing. It was really fun when I told them what it was.

Back
Top Bottom