Any Good Use For Pickle Juice?

Well, this may sound strange and is a use for pickle juice that is not cooking. When my daughter has a sore throat she drinks dill pickle juice and it does wonders. So I keep a small jar of it in my refrigerator.

I put a little pickle juice in my potatoe, chicken salad and tuna fish salad. When I have plain beets I sprinkle some pickle juice on them also.

My mom always used the pickle juice in place of vinegar. For instance in a potato salad she would grab the jar of yum yum sweet pickles and pour a 1/4 cup of the pickle juice into the potato salad. People always wondered what gave it the extra zing and she never let on it was the pickle juice. I'll even add pickle juice to tuna salad or chicken salad. It just add a great flavour that is different from vinegar.I have yet to try adding the juice from dill pickle jars. I'll have to try that next time I make salmon patties or a salmon salad.

I make a pickle wrap dip that all of my extended family loves. In addition the pickles that are in the dip, I also add some pickle juice to an extra kick.

On another note, I worked at a burger/ice cream shop while I was in high school and we saved all of our pickle juice for the high school football team. It helps with cramps so all of the football players would drink the leftover pickle juice.

I haven't tried this yet but plan to this week. On the show The Chew, Michael Simon makes chicken cordon bleu sliders (fried boneless, skinless chicken thighs, topped with black forest ham and gruyere cheese on a mini slider bun with mustard) my friend made them and said they were to die for. You marinate the chicken first before breading it and one of the marinating ingredients is pickle juice! I can't wait to try it!

Back
Top Bottom