Anyone heard of a Mastersous multi-cooker?

johnfarmstrong

Local time
1:25 AM
I was looking for a sous vide machine because I'm addicted to Starbuck's sous vide eggs when I came across a Facebook ad for a Mastersous. The video shows it sous vide and does a lot of other stuff. I can't find prices or reviews for it anywhere on Google. It looks like it's going on Kickstarter.

Anyone have any experience with mastersous or buying kitchen stuff on Kickstarter?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have at least one member here who has a sous-vide machine - @epicuric, who may be able to advise. But do you really want to purchase a machine specially to make Starbuck's style sous-vide eggs? :) There are lots of fantastic sous-vide recipes for all sorts of foods.

I'm also wondering what these eggs are like. I don't think Starbucks do them in the UK.

Having looked at the Mastersous website I would give it a miss. It has all the hallmarks of an overpriced gimmick - cut through all the woffle and all you are left with is a high resolution dial and an app (why?). It claims to have an inbuilt stirrer. I can't see any reason for this, and it certainly wouldn't work for sous vide cooking - a good sous vide machine will have a recirculating pump that keeps the water temperature even without disturbing the food.
To cook anything sous vide you will also need a vac pack machine (sous vide = under vacuum), plus the necessary bags. Overall, it's not a cheap setup if you just want to cook eggs. I would suggest sourcing the kit second hand and experimenting with it before spending too much on something that may end up at the back of the cupboard if you get bored with it.

We have at least one member here who has a sous-vide machine - @epicuric, who may be able to advise. But do you really want to purchase a machine specially to make Starbuck's style sous-vide eggs? :) There are lots of fantastic sous-vide recipes for all sorts of foods.

I'm also wondering what these eggs are like. I don't think Starbucks do them in the UK.

I am now thinking about tomorrow's breakfast!

@epicuric

I had taken a look at the Starbuck´s Egg Recipe and it is a nice recipe if you like cottage cheese & eggs, however, I agree with you on the high Price of the Machine that this Company is offering.

May be best to discuss this with various stores, perhaps Makro or department stores that have kitchen appliances, etcetra and also other manufacturers that may have outlets or warehouses and sell to public as well ..

Have a nice evening ..

I bought the following Wancle sous vide machine. It's been in the box for the last month, mostly because of vacations I've taken that haven't allowed me time to use it. But, I will. The price is reasonable for what it does (marked down from $259.99 to $84.99, and not because it's bad...it's very highly-rated). I will get to work on something using this...maybe eggs!

I bought the following Wancle sous vide machine. It's been in the box for the last month, mostly because of vacations I've taken that haven't allowed me time to use it. But, I will. The price is reasonable for what it does (marked down from $259.99 to $84.99, and not because it's bad...it's very highly-rated). I will get to work on something using this...maybe eggs!

So this is like a 'wand' which you clip to your pot rather than a 'bath'? I might find room for one of those if it works!

Back
Top Bottom