Apple dessert recipes and ideas?

ChowDownBob

Supersize Me!
Local time
12:37 AM
I've been eating quite a lot of apples at break times (half-hearted health kick) and have always loved apple pie with a sprinkle of sugar on top, denched in fresh cream ... oooohhhh yeah!!!

But what about other apple dessert ideas? Anyone got any good suggestions for other things we could do with apples?

apple charlotte
apple tart tatan
pecan and apple strudel
apple toffee upside down cake
good old fashioned apple cake and custard
I could keep going,
i once did a autumn demonstration using apples,for a local tv company

You lot are making me drool now. Apple crumble, yummy. How about stewed apple with sultanas wrapped inside filo pastry? With maybe cinemon as well and cream or custard.

Baked apples are my favorite low fat apple dessert. You coat apples in cinnamin and sugar and then bake them in the oven. After then are done you can add a little non-fat frozen yogurt on top and have a guilt free tasty treat. I really enjoy a good apple cobbler too, but the breading and crumble can add some extra carbs to your plate.

All of the above mentioned apple desserts and recipes are all interesting and delicious! Apple pie and apple just cooked with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar are the ones that I am doing for apples as a dessert.

apple charlotte
apple tart tatan
pecan and apple strudel
apple toffee upside down cake
good old fashioned apple cake and custard
I could keep going,
i once did a autumn demonstration using apples,for a local tv company

I LOVE a good apple strudel...the ones that come in boxes taste like crap to me. Overly, cloyingly sweet.

What's the one with the apples in a sponge cake? Can't think of its name off the top of my head...
I've always called it Apple sponge cake but not sure if that's the proper term. This thread sure has my mouth watering, but will admit my favorite of the ones you mentioned is definitely Apple Crumble....yum!

Back
Top Bottom