Are you an old fogey

I am, at this very moment, drinking a glass of Wold Top Marmalade Porter. Perhaps just a little on the sweet side, but not excessively so. An interesting concept, though, and always nice to see a brewery that isn't afraid to try something a bit different.

I am, at this very moment, drinking a glass of Wold Top Marmalade Porter. Perhaps just a little on the sweet side, but not excessively so. An interesting concept, though, and always nice to see a brewery that isn't afraid to try something a bit different.
I am liking that idea.

Would you recommend any other beers from them @Duck59 ? I don't want to order too much of the same thing just in case I don't like! And it seems at least 12 bottles need to be ordered.

Sounds very interesting.

Would you recommend any other beers from them @Duck59 ? I don't want to order too much of the same thing just in case I don't like! And it seems at least 12 bottles need to be ordered.

We bought a mixed case of twelve with six different beers. Very good was the verdict from the demanding denizens of the Mallard Tavern. Clearly, everyone has their own tastes, but they went down well here. At just under two quid a bottle including delivery, a pretty good deal.

Marmalade isn't all that popular here in America, as far as I can tell. The only reason that I know about it (and happen to like it) is that it was a favorite of my dad, but while he was born in America, he was raised in Ireland.

Still, I guess that makes me a fogie.

Actually, my wife just brought home a huge jar of marmalade from a local Korean market. Well, I thought it was marmalade. It only had writing on it in Korean. She explained that it wasn't marmalade, but rather a concentrate to make a citrus tea. You add a spoonful to hot water, then you can serve it as a hot or cold drink.
I tasted a spoonful, and it was straight up marmalade.

Fogies like tea as well, yes?

Marmalade isn't all that popular here in America, as far as I can tell. The only reason that I know about it (and happen to like it) is that it was a favorite of my dad, but while he was born in America, he was raised in Ireland.

Still, I guess that makes me a fogie.

Actually, my wife just brought home a huge jar of marmalade from a local Korean market. Well, I thought it was marmalade. It only had writing on it in Korean. She explained that it wasn't marmalade, but rather a concentrate to make a citrus tea. You add a spoonful to hot water, then you can serve it as a hot or cold drink.
I tasted a spoonful, and it was straight up marmalade.

Fogies like tea as well, yes?

I think that if you like traditional 'builder's' tea, (which I do) then you are definitely a fogie!

Now here's a thing. The Chambers Dictionary gives only fogy or fogey as spellings of this word. There is the plural fogies, but no fogie.

Does this make me an old fog(e)y for making this observation?

Back
Top Bottom