Are you fond of watching cooking shows?

ReadmeByAmy

Veteran
Local time
10:11 PM
Lets say that you already have the knowledge and skills for cooking and you had recipes that you innovated yourself. Do you think watching a cooking show can be an additional reference of learning when it comes to cooking? Are you fond of watching cooking shows?

There is no doubt a cooking show could be an additional reference for learning when it comes to cooking but am I fond of watching cooking shows? If I stumble on one, sure. I don't like to get too attached.

I think they give you some great ideas. You may not follow their exact recipe but it does provide you with additional reference for cooking. I watch them every now and then but their is no particular one that I watch on a regular basis.

Cooking shows have given me ideas of items I can add to my menu often. Some time I just like watching the methods that they use when the host is cooking. I know they have people setting up for them which makes it go faster to complete the meal. It is entertaining to watch the shows. I don't watch many of them.

I really enjoy watching food and cooking shows - mainly for entertainment purposes though! Of course they sometimes inspire me to try new things or remind me of things I've not done for a while, but I watch them entertainment rather than to learn new things.
I'll watch almost anything to do with food - competition shows such as Bake Off or Masterchef and the more traditional programmes presented by a professional chef. We also have a fair number of factual programmes about food - where it comes from, how its produced, regional specialities, challenges for the future - they're really interesting too.

We both watch some of the 'celebrity' chefs but often find that they tend to over do the flavourings / spices / ingredients. What often starts out as a very nice sounding recipe often ends up a strange mix of more and more odd flavours and never ending additions. A sort of 'gilding the lilly' in a foody sense.

Of course it can be. There are always ideas to be had... even from the poorer shows . I watch a lot of cooking programmes!

Some years back, there was a show here called kid's chef or something like that. It is a reality show which is a cooking contest among kids 12 years old and below. They are given a set of ingredients and it's up to them to make a dish out of those items. I enjoyed that show except that the dishes are mostly difficult to make and with ingredients that are not readily available here. Another thing I don't like in the show is the loser, the contestant who is eliminated in the week always cries.

Oh yes, I enjoy watching cooking shows. I think you can gain lots of informaiton from them. There is one show especially called the Kitchen that plays on the food Network, and they have lots of tips and tricks for cooking and even crafts. I have learned how to peel a pomegranet for instance. (Not that I regularly buy pomegranets) I just think the show is useful.

I do enjoy watching cooking shows. The ones doing the show always seem very passionate about what they are doing, and that is what makes the shows so entertaining. I have never tried any recipes that I have watched in these cooking shows though, but they are a source of good ideas if one wanted to try something new and different. I would not say that I have a favourite chef on these cooking shows though. I usually watch whoever is on when I switch to a cooking channel. I would say, though, that I am not particularly fond of cooking competitions. It usually looks a bit confusing to me. It is easier to follow a cooking show when only one person is doing the cooking.

I don't mind them! My husband thinks Masterchef Junior is the best show on TV - he seriously tunes in every week to see what the kids are going to be cooking! I guess anything that encourages a love of cooking from a young age is nice - my husband often says that the kids can cook better than he does!

I owe my cooking knowledge to cooking shows... well and my mom. Since I was a teen watching shows like 30 min meals, chopped, david rocco, etc, has taught me a lot about cooking and baking. I've learned which herbs and spices work well and have experimented creating my own creations.

These cooking shows made it easier for me to get rid of the guesswork from my cooking. I learned some useful techniques and easy to pull off recipes. Credit goes to cooking show I learned how to make a fluffy scrambled egg just by watching and comparing notes

I did watch the master chef professional this year I was shouting at the to on the early stages in disbelief ,but some good chefs in the end with a local chap winning

Back
Top Bottom