Are you part of a food or drink club?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
7:22 AM
As the title asks, are you part of any such club?

We are both part of a cheese club that meet up at our local pub on the 3rd Tuesday of every month and last night was our first, and certainly not last, wine tasting evening at the deli in our town centre who also run the cheese club.
We like to be involved for the social aspect as well as trying new foods and wines. Last night the couple who sat at the same table as us were lovely and we spent the evening chatting very easily as we have also done at the cheese club-just chat to complete strangers.

Anyone else on here who are part of something similar, pudding club perhaps?

Our family are members of the Chaine des Rôtisseurs, which was founded in Paris in 1901. Its roots date back to 1248 in France.

1) It is a world wide organisation ..
2) Headquarters - Paris ..
3) All members, are professionals in a wide variety of fields, and have the opportunities to interact with Vintners and Professional Chefs from all over the world ..
4) It has monthly dinners worldwide with Degustation dinners and wines ..

Interesting post .. Have a nice evening and lovely weekend ..

Other than irregular curry nights in our village in the late 80s early 90s, no.

I really enjoyed them though - each husband was allocated or chose a meat or vegetable to provide (dish of their choice) and the host (on a rota) would normally provide rice, naan bread, chapatis, etc.

It always ended up as a pish up.

I really enjoyed them though - each husband was allocated or chose a meat or vegetable to provide (dish of their choice) and the host (on a rota) would normally provide rice, naan bread, chapatis, etc.

I'd be game for that!

It all started because a few couples had arranged to eat out at restaurants on a regularish basis and it was subsequently decided that not only was this becoming quite expensive, but we believed that we could cook better food ourselves, although to cater for everyone's taste was probably beyond one person's capability.

It turned out to be very successful, although I cannot imagine they still do it now. I would definitely encourage it if I was still there.

Sadly no. If there was anything like that around here I would probably go along.

Our local pub was doing the chesse club last year but with a different deli, we went a couple of times but kept forgetting, we then decided to make an effort but the club had stopped, only restarted recently with a different deli. We don't go into town very often so didn't know the deli existed, since finding out about them we have visited for a lunch, another time popped in for a few bits and Friday's wine tasting. They opened up about 18 months ago so still pretty new. This social stuff really only started about 5 months ago as there wasn't anything like it before.

Great idea.

My folks used to go to a pudding club, my dad used to have a sweet tooth but now that he is diabetic he is careful about what he eats.

I was tempted by a chocolate club last year, but they all seemed to be more intent on stuffing their features rather than drinking it or trying it in recipes, so I changed my mind. I could be persuaded by a cheese club though if there was one in this area.

I was tempted by a chocolate club last year, but they all seemed to be more intent on stuffing their features rather than drinking it or trying it in recipes, so I changed my mind. I could be persuaded by a cheese club though if there was one in this area.

Our pub is run by 2 great people who have put endless time and their own money into turning our local back to a family pub, they now do many things but cheese club and comedy nights are our interests.

I have a gin club subscription. I get four, double measures of gin and two tonics delivered every month. Normally has information cards, bar snacks and garnishes. Its delivered to the house so I guess not very sociable but its perfect to find out new gins.

Back
Top Bottom