Are you really counting?

Local time
5:42 AM
Those calories. Are you really counting? I know they might be a few of you out there who might be counting. Recording, counting and reading those labels to get it just right, I have tried myself but it soon gets tiring and complicated in my case.

I reckon the times I did try to count that I did not get it exactly right. Isn't it just enough to eat right and try to stay as healthy as we possibly can?

i need to know who's really counting?

Those calories. Are you really counting? I know they might be a few of you out there who might be counting. Recording, counting and reading those labels to get it just right, I have tried myself but it soon gets tiring and complicated in my case.

I reckon the times I did try to count that I did not get it exactly right. Isn't it just enough to eat right and try to stay as healthy as we possibly can?

i need to know who's really counting?

Not me, life is way too short. I understand it can help some people to have a better understanding of what they are eating and so it is a good idea but it can be hard work and time consuming.

Nope. I never counted calories. I love eating, so I will eat whatever I want whenever I want. :P

Nope. Nada. Never! I actually go by points with Weight Watchers. You can eat literally tons of veggies and never gain a point. You also can eat anything you want so that's a plus.

Nope. Nada. Never! I actually go by points with Weight Watchers. You can eat literally tons of veggies and never gain a point. You also can eat anything you want so that's a plus.

:):):) Well at least someone is counting for you. I have been meaning for a long time to examine the Weight Watchers program. It really did good for one of my favorite people Jennifer Hudson. The thing with me is that I am very skeptical about these programs. At least I am getting to actually meet a 'live' person who's making it work for them.

They say if it's not broken, don't fix it. Sounds like you on the healthy path.

When I was in my early 20's, I used to count calories obsessively and sometimes skip meals. Now that I'm a mom in my late 30's, I just walk or jog for exercise and eat normally and stay hydrated.
I'm not obsessed with body image anymore, so I maintain a normal, healthy weight and on days where I eat more, I exercise a little more.

I read something recently that I found quite interesting in connection with counting calories. The reading suggested that most standard run-of-the-mill dietary advice would lead you to believe that to lose fat and maintain your energy levels or maximize performance, you should painstakingly log every little bite of food that goes into your mouth.

The reading suggested we throw that theory through the window as this method of watching what we eat sucks the enjoyment out of eating. I tend to agree. I say " unplug and keep it simple, safe and healthy".

I counted calories a few times when I was a teenager on a diet and that didn't last long. I ended up choosing food based on calories rather then what was good and balanced. Then if there were any left over calories I would eat something for the sake of it.

These days, I just balance what I eat, if I eat a heavy meal then the rest is light. It also depends on how the meal is cooked, for example cold pasta will have less calories than hot pasta, or white toast will have more calories than brown.

Food needs to be enjoyed and as long as you are sensible then calories shouldn't matter as long. If you eat more, specially around holidays then you can exercise to burn them off, but starving yourself leads to less energy and also health issues.

Back
Top Bottom