As-Seen-on-TV Products: How do you feel?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:10 AM
Now do you feel about all those As-Seen-on-TV products?

I don't particularly like them. Most of them are cheap & flimsily made, they don't last long, break down often & they charge you for separate processing & handling for the 2nd identical item, which is supposed to be for free!!!!

What is your take on this?

Last edited:
Good topic.

When it comes to electronics, kitchen appliances or household appliances, we only buy face to face with reputable establishments and a service contract ..

T.V. advertising is hype and most of it is false ..

P.T. Barnum!:roflmao:

It might be my ignorance but I had to look that up. Maybe its an Americanism? Anyway there is a brand in the UK (not sure if its in the US too ) which advertises on TV and on those little video monitors in store. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it! They supply small gadgets which are often quite quirky and not too expensive. I have occasionally bought them.

Good topic.

When it comes to electronics, kitchen appliances or household appliances, we only buy face to face with reputable establishments and a service contract ..

T.V. advertising is hype and most of it is false ..

That's what I THOUGHT!!! Hah!!

And you're so right about going face to face with reputable stores & establishments! That way, you don't get "taken for a ride". Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!

And BTW, if anything goes wrong with the product, you can always return it to the store for an instant refund or exchange & not have to wait a long time for it! :headshake:

Last edited:
I'm guessing the PT Barnum is of the circus fame - if so it's a pretty good comparison :happy:. One thing we notice is that a LOT of these products seem to appear a short while later in £1 stores [or similar].

Presto Big Kitchen Kettle_.jpg
redcopperbetterpastapan-300x250.jpg
cathy_mitchell.jpg

Here's something that they are offering. Hah!

It's called the Red Copper Pot, peddled by none other than the Queen of As Seen on TV products - Cathy Mitchell (far left)ll.

It is supposed to do a lot of things. The glass lid even locks to the pot for straining water from foods.
Note that the add reads; Just pay separate fee of 14.99!! What a ripoff!!

Now my Presto Big Kettle (left) can do most of those things. The only things that it does not have are the locking handles and the straining lid. I can live without those 2 lame bells & whistles. Pour the water into a colander, or use the strainer that came with it. Bang, boom, Done!! Hah!!

Last edited:
That's what I THOUGHT!!! Hah!!

And you're so right about going face to face with reputable stores &establishments! That way, you don't get "taken for a ride". Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!

And BTW, if anything goes wrong with the product, you can always return it to the store for an instant refund or exchange & not have to wait a long time for it! :headshake:

@Shermie

Exactly, one does not get taken for a ride or ripped off ..

I do not trust tv promoted goods and rarely watch t.v. except for a bit of the world´s disasters on the news ..

Have a lovely holiday and a healthy and successful 2018 ahead ..

@Shermie

Exactly, one does not get taken for a ride or ripped off ..

I do not trust tv promoted goods and rarely watch t.v. except for a bit of the world´s disasters on the news ..

Have a lovely holiday and a healthy and successful 2018 ahead ..

Thanks, & you also!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom