Baby Kale

oddduck

Über Member
Local time
12:05 AM
Growing up in the south you can't get away from being exposed to kale. Frankly i didn't care for it. But for some reason i bought a package of baby kale. With the weird lettuce shortage we've been having grocery stores have been getting salad greens from places they didn't before. Last night i found a box of greens labeled in french and from canada but i could read that it was bebe kale with a few other bebe greens. It was on sale and i decided to give it a try. I have found i really like the baby kale. I had it in a sandwich with some cheese but the taste would go wonderfully on pizza i would think or sprinkled on a bowl chili. So anyone have suggestions for baby kale? Anyone try it on pizza?

I'm wondering which type you mean - there is baby curly kale which looks like this:

369456011_1_640x640.jpg

Or the type which looks like baby lettuce leaves:

LN_668659_BP_11.jpg

I'm thinking you must mean the latter which would work very well in a sandwich.

It is of the second variety i found at the store. The first variety looks more like the kind i am not a fan of in its full grown mode. I find it is tough and unpleasant to chew tho i have never had it in baby form.

It is of the second variety i found at the store. The first variety looks more like the kind i am not a fan of in its full grown mode. I find it is tough and unpleasant to chew tho i have never had it in baby form.

I agree - I'm not a great fan of curly kale. It needs to be quite well cooked for me to eat it.

I once tried making a smoothie with kale, but it came out tasting so bitter!! I switched the green vegetable to spinach and it tasted so much better!! :wink:

Last edited:
I put some baby kale on my pizza last night...did not even taste it so i guess not the best combo.

Back
Top Bottom