The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
11:25 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
IMG_1286.JPG

Expect to see a lot more things like this from me. These are so good that I can't imagine eating fried nuggets again.

Ingredients

26 ounces chicken breast, trimmed of fat and skin
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 egg
4 tablespoons skim milk
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).

2. Cut chicken into large chunks of approximately equal size.

3. Combine flour and garlic salt in a plastic bag. Shake a few chicken pieces at a time in the bag to coat, and shake off the excess. A slotted spoon works really well for this.

IMG_1285.JPG

4. Blend egg with milk and place in a shallow tray.

5. Dredge each piece of chicken through the milk mixture.

6. Combine breadcrumbs and salt and place in a shallow tray. Coat each piece of dredged chicken with breadcrumbs so all parts are covered.

7. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray. Place breaded chicken on the tray about 1" apart.

8. Bake for 6 minutes, then flip each piece over and bake for another 6 minutes.

Easy one! Is this part of the losing weight diet? If so the issue could be what do you then eat with them. Mayo is out of bounds, i'd have thought.

Easy one! Is this part of the losing weight diet? If so the issue could be what do you then eat with them. Mayo is out of bounds, i'd have thought.
There are no things that are forbidden, but you do quickly realize that some things add up more quickly than others. The little cup of aioli I made with lunch was worth 2 points, which is the same as that huge bowl of asparagus soup. Maybe I should just dip the nuggets in the soup? :laugh:

There are no things that are forbidden, but you do quickly realize that some things add up more quickly than others. The little cup of aioli I made with lunch was worth 2 points, which is the same as that huge bowl of asparagus soup. Maybe I should just dip the nuggets in the soup? :laugh:

I'd sub the mayo for yoghurt with garlic to save some points perhaps. Remind me (or maybe you never said) - how many points are you allowed each day?

I'd sub the mayo for yoghurt with garlic to save some points perhaps. Remind me (or maybe you never said) - how many points are you allowed each day?
Great idea! It was late when I finished making these (as always), so I went with what I knew.

I'm allowed 26 points a day, plus the plan allows another 28 total points to be distributed as you see fit throughout the week. This allows for days when I can't regulate my input quite so easily (such as weekends and holidays). The plan is to keep it to 26 points a day throughout the week, and then have two 40 point days each on the weekend. So far, I'm not off to a great start (32 points spent yesterday, so 36 "bonus points" remain for the other 6 days), but it's not a complete disaster.

Back
Top Bottom