Recipe Baked Rice Pudding

Local time
5:31 PM
When I cook rice, I always tend to steam it. I have also tried frying it before, but have never baked it. I came across this recipe the other day for a baked rice pudding and thought I should share it.

Ingredients:

4 cups milk
1 cup raw white rice
1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
1/2 cup raisins
Rind of lime, grated
Salt to taste

Method:

Wash rice and mix with other ingredients in a buttered baking dish with cover. Bake in slow oven until rice is soft, for about 2 hours.
Remove cover during cooking and stir a little, but not during last 1/2 hour; allow crust to form.
Serve hot or cold with raisins, caramel or fruit sauce.

upload_2016-2-8_13-13-6.jpeg

We always have rice in the house - always, always...but I've never actually tried it in a sweet dish before. It's always served with savory stuff! But I'm keen to try something different with it and shake up my view on plain white rice!

I love rice pudding with raisins and cinnamon and sugar. I eat it for breakfast most of the time or as a snack. No one else in my house likes rice pudding so I don't make it often because I would have to freeze it and eat it over time.

I've never made rice pudding but I have had it and it's delicious. It's not a surprise that it's another British dish that I love. I seem to favor British cuisine, it's just so hearty and comforting. I'm always on the lookout for good British recipes; I'll definitely be trying this one out.

Back
Top Bottom