Baking Binge!

Local time
11:43 PM
I have been on a baking binge lately. In the last week, I've made cinnamon rolls, lemon cake, and cheesecake. My husband, I think, believes I'm trying to sabotage his diet but really I just find it to be a great stress reliever. I've even thought about having a bake sale because I keep baking but don't want to be tempted by all of the yum! I started bringing treats to our neighbors and, in the past, I've even taken baked goods to our local firehouse to thank our awesome firemen. What do you guys do with all your baked goods?

This is one of the reasons I don't bake too often - because it's usually me who eats all the goods! I bake them for my family, but then I'm always so tempted to eat them too. I'm always altering my recipe to try and make it more healthy, but that usually doesn't work so well with baking. So in general that's why I stick to cooking.

I freeze what I can't eat right away. I don't have the luxury of a huge freezer though, so I still have to be careful not to make way too much at one time, otherwise the room mate will be very unhappy that I am hogging all the freezer.

I freeze what I can't eat right away. I don't have the luxury of a huge freezer though, so I still have to be careful not to make way too much at one time, otherwise the room mate will be very unhappy that I am hogging all the freezer.

Forget that!!

That is why I DON'T want a roommate, nor would I want to move in with one!!
A friend of mine was always trying to get me to move in with him, but nothing doing!! One of my brothers and his wife stay there, and He's making THEM feel so uncomfy there!! He complains about the fridge and the freezer being too full (they DO have to eat), he's too bloody bossy, tries to boss them around in the kitchen with their OWN FOOD!!, and he accuses them of either breaking something or of not doing something that was supposedly expected of them!!! Also, he acts too childish and wants everything HIS way!! :mad:

They can't move out yet because they need to save up some money to do it, so they are stuck between a rock & a hard place!! No way will I move over there!! I'm very happy right where I am - in my OWN place!! I tried that roommate stuff before, and the person whom I shared an apartment with was the same way. He treated me like a child!! I wasn't even allowed to have company!! I just don't like that roommate stuff! It never works for me! :mad:

Sorry, but I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just venting a little bit or angry over the way that my brother & his wife are being treated over there. :stop:

Last edited:
I do tend to "batch bake" - I like to take advantage of having a hot oven and will do two things in there at once. I'll usually do a cake, some scones and some biscuites and these are invariably eaten within two days!

I'm more of a baker than a cook. I tend to make brownies and create new cookies and cakes, I make little baskets or wrap them up and give them to friends and family when I make too much. I personally think there are lot of pretty ways to present baked food that make lovely gifts. I love turning food into gifts, there is something a little more special about it than a regular gift that you can buy.

I go on bake binges as well sometimes and I think it is normal. Every once in a while I like to go online and find a bunch of new recipes and then I will try them all at once. Like @DancingLady says, you can freeze what you don't eat right away and save it for later.

not so much a baking binge at the moment but a home we are on no chocolate lent so we keep non chocolate sweet items in our cake tin ,like sun dried cranberry flapjack,fruit cake short breads and rock cakes.plus we are baking cakes for elderly friends,neighbours and relations for easter

This is happening to me right now. I just really want to bake a chocolate cake now. I suppose if my family can't eat it all, we would freeze the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom