Bananas

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
5:35 PM
When I was a kid I ate lots of bananas, loved the things but over the past few years they appear to have been replaced with a different variety, the ones we get now are tasteless and sugary awful things.
We are on holiday in Fiji and their bananas are just like the ones I had as a kid. My husband had a fruit cocktail and the banana taste took me right back.

Maybe I should start a petition to bring back proper bananas.

Peel them.Put them on a stick, freeze them, dip them in melted chocolate, and sprinkle them with nuts.

When we were kids, I ate tons of bananas! it was my favorite fruit to eat next to oranges.

Today, I STILL eat bananas, even though the nutritionist says not to because I'm a diabetic. But I still eat them once in a while. :wink:

I love banana sandwiches...i should of bought bananas when i was picking up kitty litter today. A nanner sandwich would be good for lunch tomorrow.

My wife buys the short bananas unripe (usually). They taste very good when ripe but they all ripen at once!

bananas 1 s.jpg

To prove me wrong, my wife brought these home today.

bananas 3 s.jpg

I've got to head uptown today so maybe i will stop and get me some bananas. They are always near green so won't be able to have that nanner sandwich for a couple of days.

I like a peanut butter and banana sandwich from time to time, though I absolutely CANNOT stand them if they are grilled (like Elvis liked them). I love grilled cheese, but apparently not banana and peanut butter.

I also wouldn't mind a childhood favorite of cherry jello and bananas, but I'd be the only one eating it so the bananas would probably go bad before I could get it all eaten.

My mom used to slice up bananas and put them in a glass of orange juice with a ice tea spoon and call it dessert...very refreshing in the summer.

As for nanner sandwiches...i tend to go with bananas and mayo when it is for lunch and banana and peanut butter if it is for breakfast...and if i want to go all out crazy i sprinkle chocolate milk power on the peanut butter. I don't usually have chocolate milk power as i usually make chocolate milk out with the syrup. And i agree no grilling banana sandwiches...while i like peanut butter on toast where the peanut butter gets all melty and can not think handling melty peanut butter and banana slices would result in anything but a mess.

Back
Top Bottom