Barbecuing Outside

kgord

Veteran
Local time
9:01 AM
How often do you cook outdoors and barbecue or grill outside? I have a gas grill, and cook outside maybe once or twice a week, weather permitting. I find it easy and convenient, and so many foods can be made on the grill, that I think it is really versatile. I am going to try grilling pizza and see how that works out. I don't grill often in the winter.but we get some warm days here in VA in Dec and Feb...and I might grill then.

How often do you cook outdoors and barbecue or grill outside? I have a gas grill, and cook outside maybe once or twice a week, weather permitting. I find it easy and convenient, and so many foods can be made on the grill, that I think it is really versatile. I am going to try grilling pizza and see how that works out. I don't grill often in the winter.but we get some warm days here in VA in Dec and Feb...and I might grill then.

I don't cook out, but I love to attend them!

I just put a electric turkey fryer in storage as part of my move out of the apt that I rented though. :wink:

For us it's a summer thing only, really - and I would say it's about twice a month that we do it, usually a weekend thing. It would be nice to have more time to do it, but life gets in the way of things we want to do, right? Sometimes we still use the grill out of season but it's predominantly summer barbecuing that we do.

I barbecue or grill usually during the summer otherwise I'd take the BBQ master out only if the weather is a bit cold or if I bought a really good steak from the market and there's leftover red wine from the night before. LOL. I only grill when I've had a good day and maybe if I have men over at my house.

We have not done it in years it feels like and we almost always have the right weather for it. It used to happen when we entertained a lot. My husband was the one at the grill. I wonder what the grill is going to look like when someone opens it. It's been sitting in the garage idle for ages. I'd do the odd grilling on a small grill in the kitchen but of course the results are not nearly the same.

We cook outside as often as possible, especially in the summer months. My dream is to have an outdoor kitchen, we would use it all the time.

Our barbecue grill is the traditional metal tray that holds the charcoal and the screen part that we put over where the barbecue is placed. And to relieve us of the trouble of barbecuing, we taught our housemaid how to do the barbecue properly. She would use the stove to light the charcoal on the screen panel so when placed in the metal tray, the charcoal is already burning good, the barbecuing can start.

Back
Top Bottom