Best aluminium pans?

rubydust

Veteran
Local time
7:03 PM
I have arthritis in my wrists, and when it flares up, I find it very difficult to lift heavy pans.

My sister suggested I try aluminium pans, as they weigh less. I'm on a tight budget, so I bought the cheapest set that I could find. This was a big mistake! Only a couple of months after buying a set of three, only one still has it's handle intact.

I'm looking to buy another set of aluminium pans, as I do find them easier to handle. This time however, I don't want to risk wasting my money. Can anyone recommend a decent set, which aren't too expensive?

Do you happen to live near a GFS store (Gordon Food Service)? They sell their own store brand of aluminum pans and baking sheets. Some have non stick coating, and others don't. I believe with the ones without a non stick coating, you just need to "season" them with cooking oil - perhaps baking the pans in the oven a bit. The rubber handles come off their frying pans, so you can put them in the oven safely without damaging them. You can see some pictures of what they look like at the link below:

https://www.gfs.com/en/products/product-categories/kitchen-supplies-equipment

They're very sturdy pans, meant for restaurant use. I've had mine for nearly two years now and they are still holding up. The bottoms of the pans will discolor and turn black from being over the heat, but it doesn't affect the cooking ability of the pans - they're just not the kind of pans you would wan't hanging on display on a rack in your kitchen.

I have arthritis in my wrists, and when it flares up, I find it very difficult to lift heavy pans.

My sister suggested I try aluminium pans, as they weigh less. I'm on a tight budget, so I bought the cheapest set that I could find. This was a big mistake! Only a couple of months after buying a set of three, only one still has it's handle intact.

I'm looking to buy another set of aluminium pans, as I do find them easier to handle. This time however, I don't want to risk wasting my money. Can anyone recommend a decent set, which aren't too expensive?

When you say pans, do you mean baking pans or skillets? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom