Big Crock Pot.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:06 AM
Crock Pot..jpg

Someone in the building had left this crock pot downstairs in the laundry room, It was being given away , so I took it upstairs, cleaned it up & now it looks like brand new!! Looks the size of a large 8-qt unit!!:wink:

Last edited:
I thought you already had a crock-pot? But you know, this really does look good as new.

Thanks! I have an electric pot that can also be used as a crock pot. But this was too good to pass up! Whoever had it let it run over & I had to use oven cleaner to get the cooked-on crud off. Then I bleached the crock & cover (Bleach kills everything!!!!). :wink:

Last edited:
So. What’s cooking in the shiny new crock pot?

I like to make pulled pork with cumin, chilli, lime, cinnamon & a splash of vinegar. I use boneless shoulder & serve it up with bread rolls, corn chips, sour cream, shredded ice berg & guacamole.

The chunks of lime are my favourite bit. Everyone else picks them out.

It's not really new. Looks that way. I cleaned it up to make it look that way.
Speaking of pork, I plan to cook some baby back ribs in it soon, to make a BBQ dinner with all the fixin's!! :wink:

It's not really new. Looks that way. I cleaned it up to make it look that way.
Speaking of pork, I plan to cook some baby back ribs in it soon, to make a BBQ dinner with all the fixin's!! :wink:

I cook my ribs in the Crock-Pot and they come out great every time. Sometimes I add Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. No rubs etc. needed. I've heated Tony Roma's baby backs in the slow cooker as well. Make some onion rings, corn on the cob, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, & cornbread. Invite the neighbors and friends, and you're good to go

Last edited:
The only thing that I find that's wrong with precooked ribs in the supermarkets is that they are too blasted salty!! That is why I always do my own ribs. I don't mind doing me own! I control the amount of salt that goes on them. And it is very little, if any.

Don't forget that the BBQ sauce has some in it also. Plus, it is sweet. :headshake:

Last edited:
Yeah. I have to watch the salt and sugar in rubs and sauces. Once in a while I treat myself with small portions.

Be careful!
The insert may or will crack from sudden temp changes, It is best to use a pot or bowl large enough to fit the chili in to refrigerate, then heat it to room temp first, them switch over to the crock pot.

It has happened with someone I know. :ohmy::headshake:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom