Recipe Black olives patè

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:29 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
The black olives paté is an excellent sauce, ideal for seasoning toasts, crackers, sandwiches, but also as an addition to other tasty recipes.

About 170 g., Preparation time 5 minutes

• 100 g of black olives
  • 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • a pinch of salt
  • a little peeled clove of garlic
  • a little sprig of thyme (according to taste)

Method

Put the black olives in a small blade blender.
Add the expected amount of oil, the clove of garlic and the thyme, a pinch of salt and whisk until you will get a cream. Ready!

Black-olives-pat%C3%A8.jpg

How to keep it: You can stored patè in a glass jar with hermetic closure well covered with oil and put in the fridge for about a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. I will need to get an olive pitter so I can use fresh olives. It's a shame I can't see the image - not sure why my firewall at work would block it! But, I will get to see what it looks like when I make it. :wink:

By the way, ever since you suggested using arugula (rocket) for pesto, I've been experimenting with different greens. Last night, I made kale pesto...and it was excellent! Thanks again for the suggestion. :okay:

Excellent. I will need to get an olive pitter so I can use fresh olives. It's a shame I can't see the image - not sure why my firewall at work would block it! But, I will get to see what it looks like when I make it. :wink:

By the way, ever since you suggested using arugula (rocket) for pesto, I've been experimenting with different greens. Last night, I made kale pesto...and it was excellent! Thanks again for the suggestion. :okay:

Oh I'm very glad my suggestion was good about pesto/aragula...now pesto is not a secret anymore :laugh:...but..mmm sorry I don't know what is "kale" :oops:
I'll wait to see your black olives paté when you'll make it:okay:!

Well done @The Late Night Gourmet ! Did you eat it with bread or as seasoning for pasta/rice? Thank you for "kale"..I think is "cavolo" in Italian
I had the pate with crackers initially, then I decided to add it to a breakfast sandwich. Now, I'm thinking already that I need to make more! :hyper:

Cavolo - a wild cabbage - is similar in look, but the full character is different. Raw kale has the consistency of a scrubbing pad you might use to clean baked-on food on a pan. Spinning it in a food processor with olive oil is one way to tame it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnXVbfJG5FygJ3UMRNSUmm10DlawKM7eARSplyWE5XBThxQsHc.jpg

Often, steaming also works. I made a soup from it with Grana Padano cheese after cooking in a pot with vegetable stock:

IMG_0779.JPG

I had the pate with crackers initially, then I decided to add it to a breakfast sandwich. Now, I'm thinking already that I need to make more! :hyper:

Cavolo - a wild cabbage - is similar in look, but the full character is different. Raw kale has the consistency of a scrubbing pad you might use to clean baked-on food on a pan. Spinning it in a food processor with olive oil is one way to tame it.

Often, steaming also works. I made a soup from it with Grana Padano cheese after cooking in a pot with vegetable stock:

View attachment 7965

Oh ok, now I understand..thank you very much for your explanation...:smug:
Olives patè in the sandwich is a good idea..I also use it to fill sandwiches..and I also use it when I prepared cold pasta (especially during summertime): pasta, cherry tomatoes, cherry mozzarella, fresh basil and black olives patè. Yummy...

View attachment 7965

Be careful when you eat soup so close to your computer keyboard! I know something ....

Back
Top Bottom