Recipe Blueberry BBQ Sauce

8F0BECC7-C409-4DFA-9069-B5F8ADEB0E69.jpeg

I made this excellent recipe again, with a few adjustments. This time, I used blackberries, and they worked really well. I also used a Serano pepper (with the seeds).

But, with my new health oriented outlook on things, I replaced ketchup with tomato paste, used apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, and no additional sweetener. I think it still tasted good, without the additional sweetener.

Last edited:
View attachment 15937

I made this excellent recipe again, with a few adjustments. This time, I used blackberries, and they worked really well. I also used a Serano pepper (with the seeds).

But, with my new health oriented outlook on things, I replaced ketchup with tomato paste, used apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, and no additional sweetener. I think it still tasted good, without the additional sweetener.

I'd say if you are using the sauce with savoury then it shouldn't need sweetening. :okay:

IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG

This was inevitable. I have a massive amount of blueberries, and no possible way to finish them all before they go bad...unless I get creative. The blueberry sherbet took up part of the slack, but I found that I could use a lot more of them by following this recipe. This was what happened to 2 pounds of blueberries. I will go on vacation starting Thursday. If I haven't found another use for them by Wednesday night, I know what to do.

a
View attachment 18464 View attachment 18465

This was inevitable. I have a massive amount of blueberries, and no possible way to finish them all before they go bad...unless I get creative. The blueberry sherbet took up part of the slack, but I found that I could use a lot more of them by following this recipe. This was what happened to 2 pounds of blueberries. I will go on vacation starting Thursday. If I haven't found another use for them by Wednesday night, I know what to do.

Sir, I'm really glad you like this recipe enjoy.

My DIL has requested ribs with this sauce for her birthday dinner this weekend!

It's the end of the cherry season, which is an awesome to make cherry BBQ sauce. They're $2.99/pound, so I'm intentionally buying way more than I need: eat all you want, and there will still be a few pounds remaining to make a sauce. I've already made a batch, using basically the same recipe.

The only downside of cherries vs any other fruit is that you need to remove the pits. But, the results are well worth it.

It's the end of the cherry season, which is an awesome to make cherry BBQ sauce. They're $2.99/pound, so I'm intentionally buying way more than I need: eat all you want, and there will still be a few pounds remaining to make a sauce. I've already made a batch, using basically the same recipe.

The only downside of cherries vs any other fruit is that you need to remove the pits. But, the results are well worth it.

We have 10 lb of frozen blueberries in the freezer from my dad's blueberry patch.

Great idea. I make a cherry salad dressing that fits in that vein without the heat, though. Sweet and heat can work very well together. I'll play around with your recipe. I have some baby back ribs in the freezer intended for Sunday dinner. I'll have to make run to the store. Blueberries are in season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom