The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
8:53 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
IMG_1633[1].JPG

Blueberries are cheap and plentiful now. I find myself buying them in massive boxes, and sometimes I wonder how I'm going to eat them all. This helps to find a beautiful solution to that problem.

This recipe isn't just a pretty face: you can legitimately claim that this is good for you! This is what you get for each 2 ounce serving:

Blueberry Sherbet Nutrition.JPG

Ingredients

3 cups fresh blueberries
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 - 4 tsp honey
1⁄3 cup water

Directions

1. Remove any stems from blueberries. Spread blueberries on a baking sheet, and place in the freezer.
2. Freeze at least 4 hours, until fully frozen. Add blueberries, lemon juice and zest, 2 teaspoons of honey, and water to food processor.

IMG_1632.JPG

3. Blend for about 30 seconds, until it seems that the blueberries aren't breaking down. Use a spatula to push the blueberries down into the blended part of the mixture.
4. Repeat previous step until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add additional honey if greater sweetness is desired: 2 teaspoons will result in a more tart sherbet, while more honey will mellow out the tartness.
6. Serve immediately or freeze again if a firmer consistency is desired.
7. If you have an ice cream churn, use it according to manufacturer instructions.
8. If you don't have an ice cream churn, the sorbet will freeze until it's as hard as a rock. To serve, place in microwave safe container and heat for about a minute to soften.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom