Boiled food for pets

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
1:49 AM
Since our dogs do not relish dog food, we give them cooked food. But the manner of cooking is boiling. Just that, water and nothing more, no salt or any flavoring. However, we sometimes boil a piece of tomato to tone down the taste of the fish. The usual food of our dogs are boiled chicken meat, pork or fish. Sometimes we also give them boiled beef but only on occasions.

I do boil some meats sometimes but I am always so tempted to add stuff to make it taste like my own food. My dogs like my food more than they like their own. However, they are mostly fed chow which makes me a little uncomfortable with all the knocking that most brands get. Etched in my mind is the raw food diet that many advocate and swear by.

One of my cats was quite sick one time and the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He suggested that I feed him the raw food diet. It was only a matter of days before his health began to improve. I couldn't believe the change in him. A few weeks of the raw food diet and you would never know that he has been so sick. SInce that time I swear by it.

We feed our dog normal dog food - sometimes he will get treats like boiled chicken, baked sweet potato or baked pumpkin too. Also usually if I'm cooking certain ingredients and I know they're dog friendly, I'll sneak a couple of pieces his way.

I do not have a pet at home but my other siblings they all had a dog as their pet. I saw that they are feeding their dog with dog foods that they are buying in a dog shop. Sometimes when my siblings are preparing and cooking their daily meals they see to it that their dog also had a share of the foods because they are expensive and a rare breed of dogs that is why you should feed them that way.

One of my cats was quite sick one time and the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He suggested that I feed him the raw food diet. It was only a matter of days before his health began to improve. I couldn't believe the change in him. A few weeks of the raw food diet and you would never know that he has been so sick. SInce that time I swear by it.

About 5 years ago, there was a hype here on the raw food diet particularly chicken meat. One friend of ours who is a fancier of shih tzu had tried feeding his dogs with raw chicken meat. He even took a video to show the world about it. But after sometime, he stopped feeding his dogs raw chicken meat. He said his dogs developed bad breath and he was afraid that the blood in the chicken was causing that bad odor. So he is back to cooked food for his dogs.

I give our dog leftover meat that is cooked. that is not her regular diet though. i mainly give her raw food with a little dry dog food to free feed on in case she is still hungry. It usually sits there for a few days before it is gone. I don't think boiled meat could be considered a natural diet for a dog so i don't think I would go that route.

My little pug eats only bread mixed with boiled egg and some milk. He eats nothing else. Sometimes he will eat some fruit or biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom