Bread makers

SandwichShortOfAPicnic

Über Member
Local time
10:28 PM
I’m finding bread making too hard on my hands and am thinking I’d like a bread maker to take over the strain.
I like the idea of the delayed start and drop compartment some have for adding seeds/olives etc at the right moment.
It needs to be easy to clean and as it’s mostly for gluten free bread a GF setting would be good.

Thing is theres so much info out there on bread making it starts to make your head spin 😆

Anyone have a bread maker or have any pointers on buying a machine?

Help appreciate d 😊

After spending the day going round in circles I bit the bullet and ordered this Panasonic.
Panasonic SD-YR2540HXC Automatic Bread Maker

It was a toss up between this and the Sage but ultimately I preferred the loaf sizes on this and that the yeast is dispensed separately meaning you wouldn‘t have to layer the ingredients with it floating on the flour if you wanted a delayed start.

Son will pick it up on a click n collect tomorrow and I’m ordering flours in time for my return to Blighty on Wednesday 👍

Any tips on gluten free bread making merrily accepted!

My SIL has one that is similar to the one you ordered, not sure what brand she bought, but she loves it and uses it just about every day.
I don't make bread often enough and then when I do, I make the dough either in my food processor and KA, which I already own.
I proof the dough in the guest bath where it's warmer than the rest of the house for some reason and then simply bake it off in the oven.
To add to this: I like to make bread/pizza doughs and leave them to rise and develop flavor in the refrigerator for 3-7 days.
For "No Knead" bread recipes, I use a Danish Whisk... super easy even with hand/wrist issues ... this is a "looser", wetter dough.

Back
Top Bottom