Breakfast in Melbourne

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
8:41 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I absolutely loved living in Australia for the breakfast culture there. One of the cities I spent a lot of time in has a wonderful breakfast and coffee culture, and there's an Instagram account of people taking pictures of their breakfasts at cafes there.

https://www.instagram.com/breakfastinmelbourne/?hl=en

I just wanted to share it with you guys - hopefully you'll find some of the breakfast pictures inspiring!

All of this breakfast looks really exotic and filling. Although I like having breakfast, I would prefer to have a moderate-sized breakfast rather than the large portions shown in the pictures here. Most of these look more like dishes I would have for lunch. I suppose after having a large breakfast one would not need to have anything else until later on in the evening, and they would feel energized to carry out their chores in the early part of the day.

About three minutes in and the list just keeps growing. I have to say some of those pictures look more like lunch or dinner. I also saw what looked like ice cream on a lot of plates. Do people actually have ice cream for breakfast?

Back
Top Bottom