An easy recipe.

Ingredients

Heavy cream (double cream)
Brown Sugar
Butter
Chunky Salt, kosher, rock works best.

Method
  1. In a sauce pan low to med heat add equal parts cream and brown sugar
  2. Stir until warmed through and sugar is melted.
  3. Remove from heat
  4. Place in a bowl(non plastic) still warm
  5. To make brown butter melt butter slowly over med-low heat
  6. the butter will melt, then foam up, then the foam will start to go away. Whisk in the pan frequently .Brown flecks (the butter solids) will start to form at the bottom. Once they're golden brown- no burning here.... (not dark brown or black), and the butter smells nutty, remove pan from the heat.
  7. Add browned butter to the still warm cream/sugar(caramel) mixture stir in really well. let cool. transfer to a glass container with a cap or lid. or wrap bowl with sticky film and keep in fridge for several days.
  8. Use to dip apples, add to warm coffee, over ice cream, endless possibilities.
  9. Its super delish drizzled over freshly baked cinnamon rolls.

This isn't an outside the box original recipe its just easy and worth browning butter over. For all vegans and vegetarians, I am not sure of the substitutions.

To add to this recipe: a short story needs to be told. I read a post on here about Local and State fairs where a lot of unique foods can be deep fried as in butter. AAck I cannot imagine. My former husband dipped a piece of crispy bacon in this caramel sauce and said to me I ought to open a stand at the MN state fair with bacon and salted brown butter caramel sauce.

I like this recipe, at least partly because you took the time to brown the butter before incorporating it into the caramel. I'm going to have to try this: the nutty flavor seems like it would pair perfectly with the sweet and creaminess of the caramel.

By the way, I added the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge tag to the recipe (I didn't realize I was able to do that to someone else's post until just now!)

I like this recipe, at least partly because you took the time to brown the butter before incorporating it into the caramel. I'm going to have to try this: the nutty flavor seems like it would pair perfectly with the sweet and creaminess of the caramel.

By the way, I added the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge tag to the recipe (I didn't realize I was able to do that to someone else's post until just now!)

thank you for adding the recipe to the challenge. I thought I did but apparently my computer skills are very challenged. yeikes.

My medical claim is I am not any ones doctor, its full of fat lots and lots of fat, but the richness of the browned butter makes this caramel sauce worthy of any addition.

The first time that I made salted caramel ice cream, I think I put too much salt in it!! :headshake:

as true as that can be it happens to the best of us. Hence my fav to this is rock salt. Maybe a 1/2 tsp to tsp added to the top when cooled. Used right away the salt crunch makes for a texture happy party in ones mouth. :bravo:

as true as that can be it happens to the best of us. Hence my fav to this is rock salt. Maybe a 1/2 tsp to tsp added to the top when cooled. Used right away the salt crunch makes for a texture happy party in ones mouth. :bravo:

But once the ice cream is frozen, it must be removed from the bowl & put in a container for priming in the freezer.

But once the ice cream is frozen, it must be removed from the bowl & put in a container for priming in the freezer.

the ice cream I make.... I use my stand mixers special bowl and the ice cream is finished once its done churning. Or I just buy ice cream and put the caramel sauce on it. No priming needed with yummy sauces.

I dont know where to post this sooo..... go ahead and do what you would like.

DO any of you meal prep? I make salads in a jar every now and again? I put left overs in containers and freeze for when I'm not home. Any one have containers they are particularly fond of?

I am not fond of microwaves but when I'm not home I prefer my kiddo to microwave something over (I never buy) premade meals at the grocery store.

SEcond question...

what are some of your fav meals to freeze? I'm in a stuck rut right now and my collection of cook books and magazines are boring today. Maybe my brain is frozen along with everything else here. Or maybe I'm just miserably cooped up for to long.

I dont know where to post this sooo..... go ahead and do what you would like.

DO any of you meal prep? I make salads in a jar every now and again? I put left overs in containers and freeze for when I'm not home. Any one have containers they are particularly fond of?

I am not fond of microwaves but when I'm not home I prefer my kiddo to microwave something over (I never buy) premade meals at the grocery store.

SEcond question...

what are some of your fav meals to freeze? I'm in a stuck rut right now and my collection of cook books and magazines are boring today. Maybe my brain is frozen along with everything else here. Or maybe I'm just miserably cooped up for to long.

You need to post these two topics as separate threads in Miscellaneous Food Discussions. If you need help to do this please PM me.:)

Back
Top Bottom