Building a Burger

Husband''s preference is:
Soft white bun
Butter
Lettuce
Thinly sliced tomato
Thickly sliced pickle gherkin (enough to cover the whole bun)
Thin slice of rubbery cheese
2 slices of streaky bacon
Beef patty (peppery ones - he likes the coop ones)
Medium dollop of rich tomato sauce.

Last edited:
Do any other members butter their burger buns?
I lightly butter the bun, then toast it - butter side down - for a bit to crisp it up a bit. You can see the line of butter along the edge of the top half of the bun, and a little bit on the bottom half.

And now, we have the fruits of my Sunday barbecue: a burger that was 25% New York Strip, 25% Sirloin, and 50% chuck steak, stacked on top of homemade (Middle Eastern) pickles, turmeric pickled onions, and a fresh tomato. I forgot how much I love a real beef burger. I didn't make the tater tots, but I wish I had. So, my diet took a little break. :)

IMG_1615.JPG

Last edited:
The use of butter is unusual - at least I think it is. I've certainly never come across it before.
Do any other members butter their burger buns?

I can't remember ever buttering a burger bun. Nor a hot dog bun.

Vegan burger made from jackfruit and kidney beans (and lots of spices):
Very good presentation. Not convinced about the content.
This certainly does make it look appetizing. Is it dry? Whenever I have a low fat (or no fat, in this case) treatment, I know I need to do something so it survives the heating process without being like a mouthful of sawdust (I've had experience with clever ideas to trim all the fat from chicken and beef before grinding, and I know that this is an issue).

This certainly does make it look appetizing. Is it dry? Whenever I have a low fat (or no fat, in this case) treatment, I know I need to do something so it survives the heating process without being like a mouthful of sawdust (I've had experience with clever ideas to trim all the fat from chicken and beef before grinding, and I know that this is an issue).

Its not at all dry. I promise. I must post the recipe... I have a backlog!

Back
Top Bottom