Building a Sandwich

Other than the final sausage and Chop sauce toasted sandwich the rest are virtually impossible to eat in a polite fashion. One needs to be wearing a full clingfilm suit, sitting naked in a bath, or have the jaws of a snake!

Oops. I forgot one - the dog burger sandwich. Another not to be attempted without a substantial size bib.

dog burger.jpg

IMG_0845.JPG
I've just been reminded that the sandwich shouldn't be too messy. I've come to this conclusion after eating this sandwich for lunch this week. It might look neat, but it's not, especially after I decided to add tomato slices and pickled onions. It's delicious, but I find myself using so many napkins that it's taking away from the experience. The volume of the sandwich should never be exceeded by the volume of the napkins you need while eating it.

@The Late Night Gourmet,

I am a grand fan of crisp Genovese Focaccia baked on hot stones or a Wood burning oven. In Italian it is called " Sciacchiastine Croccanti " .. Just Rosemary herb or sage herb with sea salt and Italian Evoo ..

I did not recognise "the soft thick type of Focaccia" as you had sandwiched it so it was a bit questionable .. Very lovely .. Sort of has a spongy interior .. It is used for sándwiches in Italy too ..

Focaccia hails from the Latin word, "focus", which means "hearth" or (fireplace) in English ..
This bread dates back to Medieval Times .. The original focaccia was un-leavened and contained no yeast ..

The seaside Ports of Call, started to open up " Focaccia Cafés " and thus uncountable versions have been prepared since ..

Have a nice evening ..

Last edited:
Are you doing this on a smart phone or with your camera?

Camera. I am too dumb to use the smartphone.

The images are captured with the camera but processed in Photoshop to produce the "animated gif". Unfortunately unlike the pizza gif, the roll kept moving around in the bowl as I added the layers therefore it became a little "jumpy".

In future I shall use cut loaf bread to make the sarnies with prawns; and less filling. That roll was extremely difficult to eat and I ended up with Marie Rose down my leg, in my right ear and, of course, all over my hands..

Back
Top Bottom