Building a Sandwich

One of my favorite sandwiches to order from Sidetrack in Ypsilanti

20171023_175131.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I'm going to say my very favourite sandwich in the whole world is cucumber, thinly sliced with white pepper and a generous sprinkle of salt. It has to be on butter on thinly sliced very fresh white bread with crusts cut off. :) And now you can all berate me!

OK. I'm going to say my very favourite sandwich in the whole world is cucumber, thinly sliced with white pepper and a generous sprinkle of salt. It has to be on butter on thinly sliced very fresh white bread with crusts cut off. :) And now you can all berate me!

Eaten at Wimbledon no doubt?

I have had "proper" tea sandwiches twice. Once visiting a friend's family in Boston. Friend's sister was getting married and other sisters were hosting a Tea in her honor. The women were preparing platters of the prettiest sandwiches I have ever seen. I offered to help and was put to work slicing cucumbers. I did not finish slicing half of the first cucumber when I was very nicely asked to just watch. :oops:

My second Tea was many years later. On a trip to London I took the train to Kew Gardens and had Tea in the Orangery. Fell in love with clotted cream.

There is something about a formal tea - Wonderful, delicate food elegantly presented. I imagined myself in a wide brimmed hat and lace gloves. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom