Burned food to your pot/pan? Get it off FAST without scrubbing!

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
3:55 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
If you're like me you like to cook on high heat too often, and sometimes that causes things to burn onto the pot or pan. Or, you cook something and it does that without your help! One may say it's because you're using crappy cookware, and others say it's because you're a crappy cook....but I say it happens to everyone.

So want to get it off without scrubbing? I know I do because I'm weak as hell. Fill the pot or pan up with water, at least an inch (in fact I would have an inch or less every time) and put in a fair wack of your dishwashing liquid and put it on to boil. Let it boil for a little bit and use a spatula to gently lift the black stuff up (or wait until it's empty and use a sponge, what ever :laugh:.

Sometimes this will not work if the food has been baked on repeatedly. For example I have an electric pan this worked on all the time until recently. I think it's just old and needs replacing :(.

I have used this method a lot. My mother taught me about this trick. It always works for me every time I try it.

Thanks very much for this tip. I cannot remember the last day I had to deal with a burnt pot though. I usually cook on a medium to low heat, and am usually careful to check my pot every now and then to see that everything is in order and nothing is about to burn. Years ago, though, burnt pots were something I had to deal with regularly, and I never liked the idea of having to scrub them. Some of the pots got scratched this way also. However, I do have a small frying pan which gets bits of foodstuff stuck in it after I am finished frying anything, and I would usually soak it in just water for a few hours, and then scrub it out. This helps a bit, but I will try this other method of using water plus dishwashing liquid, and putting it on to boil.

Well when I cook on my pan the herbs and seasonings sometimes stick and those burn. Pretty sure it's because it's old now, but sometimes that happens. Or if I do apricot chicken sometimes the sauce burns onto it, but it is a nice flavour so I don't mind!

Happens more on older cookware. Also cheaper cookware.

I usually get any burnt bits off just by filling the pan with water and dishwashing liquid and leaving it to soak. Then I use a kitchen brush to scrape the burnt bits off. I will try boiling it on the hob if ever this does not work.

I do this too and I also try and do it immediately because I don't want the residue drying up any further than it already has. It's very effective and the only real downside is that it uses up more gas that isn't being used for cooking, but for the convenience I think it is worth it.

I haven't burnt anything for a very, very long time. The last t7me was when I left a pot of fresh peas cooking........and I forgot about them. Mthey were burnt and sort of welded to the bottom of the pot. Nothing would have shifted it, so I threw it away. Thamk god I don't do it anymore, but if I did, I would def try this method.

Dawn Power Dissolver.jpg
Burnt-on Milk.jpg
Burnt-on Milk removed from pot..jpg

Or get some of THIS!

Dawn Power Dissolver. It used to be available in the local supermarkets, but now it seems to only be available online!

I had several bottles of it. I have to get some more! Look at the results of the pot with what appears to be burnt-on milk. And the same pot after being treated with the Dawn Power Dissolver. :eek:

In most cases, it only needs about 15 minutes to work!! :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. This happens to me rarely but when it does, it's a real pain the backside. I'll definitely be prepared the next time! :)

Carbon-off.jpg

There is also THIS stuff - Carbon-Off.

This is a stronger more powerful and potent cleaner that actually helps to remove burnt-on grease & built-up carbon from the exterior of pots & pans!

Used mainly by the food service industry, it IS also available for household use. I have a small can of it and plan to get some more. It also comes in a spray can as well.:wink:

I have always used the dish soap method and its always done me no wrong. I do believe some of my pans are just old in age and just need a 100% replacing. I will have to keep the Carb Off stuff in mind though.

I have always used the dish soap method and its always done me no wrong. I do believe some of my pans are just old in age and just need a 100% replacing. I will have to keep the Carb Off stuff in mind though.

I, also, thought that several years back. But when I bought the Dawn Power Dissolver, I went on a cleaning spree with my older baked-on-grease laden baking pans and other things.

When done, those pans looked almost new!! The amazing thing is that this stuff does not etch aluminum pots & pans!! :wink:

019.jpg
020.jpg

027.jpg

Here's a pot that had burnt-on chicken stock before being treated with Dawn Power Dissolver.

The 2nd pic shows it being treated with the stuff and the 3rd pic shows the pot all cleaned up! :)

Back
Top Bottom