Butter chicken recipe?

Unless we have a glut of tomatoes, I tend to use tinned plum tomatoes given a few seconds in the blender. I don't bother straining them now either - didn't appear to make any difference to me; just fish out the cinnamon.

Unless we have a glut of tomatoes, I tend to use tinned plum tomatoes

It might be a bit off-topic, but do you pull out the stalks? I can get some very cheap tinned tomatoes here - they're fine in a sauce but even better if I spend a few seconds cutting out the harder, chewy stamens (or whatever the word for the bit in the middle of the tomato is). I thought I was the only person in the world who did this until one night last year I saw a guy on FoodNetwork doing the same thing. If it's on Triple D, it's fine with me ..

It might be a bit off-topic, but do you pull out the stalks?..

I pull out the green bits then slice about 5mm off the top. Then just carry on slicing for salads or garnish.

If they are to be cooked, I'll turn them over and cut a "cross" into the flesh then drop them in boiling water for a minute to dislodge the skin. Then peel them after they've cooled and chop or liquidise as required. (Have you noticed how tomatoes stay hot far longer than any other produce?).

Try roasting the smaller ones. You have to let them cool for like 20 minutes before they are cool enough not to burn your mouth. Delicious but dangerous!

The Hot Butter Chicken was an outstanding success! My wife cooked it last night, and we both agreed that it was probably the best home-cooked curry we have had. Unfortunately, I was tied up with something else and missed out on the cooking and I didn't get any photo's. However, there is a portion left which I will be warming up for lunch today so will take a photo then. My wife thinks that the marinade would be great for other types of curry as well (a lamb passanda was mentioned) and she is thinking of making up a batch of it.

....... there is a portion left which I will be warming up for lunch today so will take a photo then.

Please don't use the microwave. Just a saucepan on a very low light stirring frequently

IMG_0532a.jpg

I warmed it up gently, but the sauce seems more separated than I remember it being last night.

I warmed it up gently, but the sauce seems more separated than I remember it being last night.

Did you use yoghurt (added at the end of the initial cook) or cream? I use yoghurt but always find it difficult to keep it from separating during re-heating.

[nice picture]

Did you use yoghurt (added at the end of the initial cook) or cream? I use yoghurt but always find it difficult to keep it from separating during re-heating.

[nice picture]
It was Greek natural yoghurt. It didn't detract from the enjoyment though!

Back
Top Bottom