Recipe César / Caesar Salad Dressing

Francesca

Local time
5:10 PM
César Dressing, is actually Mexican, not Italian. How do you do your´s ?

Here is my récipe:

1 large egg
2 tsps. White Sherry Vinegar
3 tsps of Dijon Mustard
1 anchovy filete
1 clove garlic
1 / 3 Cup of Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1) Firstly, Blanch the egg in boiling hot wáter for 1 minute only.
2) Then run some icy cold wáter and peel the egg and place in a large glass bowl, finely minced ..
3) Now add the vinegar, the Dijon, the garlic minced finely, and the minced anchovy.
4) Combine well, with a spatula or tablespoon and take a stand up Mixer and créate a Pesto Textured Dip.
5) Now very slowly, with a pipette, add the Evoo ..
6) With your stand up mixer, créate a slightly thick yet creamy dressing ..

Refrigerate until ready to use on your salad or for crudities ..

César Dressing, is actually Mexican, not Italian. How do you do your´s ?
I didn't realize this! Here's what I found: The salad's creation is generally attributed to restaurateur Caesar Cardini, an Italian immigrant who operated restaurants in Mexico and the United States.

I'll have to give yours a try. There are actually a lot of similarities to mine that aren't obvious, since I use mayo, which contains egg and olive oil. I just made some like this; my way is very thick (there's a LOT of cheese), which is how I like it:

Ingredients

6 ounces olive oil mayonnaise
2 anchovies, minced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil (oil from the anchovy jar if available)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
2 ounces fat-free buttermilk, shaken
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

Directions
  1. Blend all components thoroughly, making sure to shake the buttermilk vigorously before pouring. If possible, use the oil from the anchovy jar instead of olive oil to impart additional savoriness.
  2. Allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving.

Cesare Cardini created the recipe for his restaurant (s) in Mexico .. I could be incorrect ..

However, this dressing is not common in Italia and it is commonplace in Manhattan and on menus in Madrid, Spain ..

I do not add aged Reggiano Parmesano because I do not like cheese with fish (anchovies in this case) .. And it takes away the subtleness of the Anchovy profile ..

I have never heard of Mayonnaise or sour milk in a Caesar Salad, but there are millions of versions of this salad dressing !

I do not use alot of pre-jarred ítems as you are aware. I have never come across the use of Worcestershire which I find works best with meat dishes, like Filet Mignon Tartare or Venison Tartare, as it is a powerful profile which could take away from the lightness and subtleness of the anchovy profile and make the dressing too heavy for us ..

Thank you for your feedback and have a lovely evening ..

@epicuric

Each to his or her own as we say ..

I do not over do spices or like excessively pungent flavors that take away from the bio ecological products I use ..

I keep things, simply simple ..

Have a nice day ..

Back
Top Bottom