cancer fighting foods.

wahmed

Veteran
Local time
7:38 AM
For the unfortunate one fighting cancer or even the healthy people out there wishing to avoid the disease important to incorporate these to your diet.

Garlic

Cayenne pepper

Ginger

Cinnamon

Tumeric

Thanks for the reminder. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices, and one of the easiest to add to food. I dust my cereal with cinnamon every day for its many benefits which also include helping balance blood sugar.

I am also a big fan of ginger. Ceyenne pepper is one I admit is very difficult for me because I do not tend to like spicy food. I find ceyenne's heat to be rather sharp and unpleasant, I did once take a capsul of it every day to try to get the benefits, but it was hard on my stomach.

Garlic and turmeric are a little easier for me, and turmeric especially has anti-inflammatory benefits which are a real draw for me. As a dancer, I want to incorporate any food or spice in my diet I can that will help keep my joints healthy and also help prevent inflammatory injuries like tendonitis.

This food blog is very interesting with some excellent recipes and meals in it. The blogger is
Kellie, an ex-pat American cancer health educator with a taste for global food - and big flavours - made with fresh, seasonal British ingredients. Food To Glow is mainly 'plant-based', but you will find the occasional decadent treat - usually with a healthy tweak. Although I'm an omnivore, I speak fluent vegan: most of my non-vegan recipes will have vegan alternatives, as well as gluten-free and soft food diet options where appropriate. All recipes are tested out on family, friends and/or my cancer nutrition classes at the Maggies Cancer Caring Centres. You are very welcome to read, comment and share

The link is here http://kelliesfoodtoglow.com/

I think we should add Lemon because of high level of Vitamin C and other antioxidant it contains. Also may I add these fruit Mangosteen in the list. It contains xanthones said to be a cancer fighting agent. I do love to cook food with garlic. It adds nice taste to the dish.

For the unfortunate one fighting cancer or even the healthy people out there wishing to avoid the disease important to incorporate these to your diet.

Garlic

Cayenne pepper

Ginger

Cinnamon

Tumeric
I agree with the list, these are very potent germ busters, for sure, I really can't put one on top of the other, but overall turmeric is an all around miracle spice, anti inflammation.

I had stage 3 ovarian cancer 11 years ago. The doctors gave me a 20% chance of survival due to the fact I have a genetic cancer gene called the BRCA mutation. My doctor insisted I do chemo and I refused. I asked him if my body needed it's immune system to fight the cancer. He told "YES" and I told him, "Why would I kill my immune system with chemicals, when it's the only thing I've got going for me?". Needless to say he wasn't happy. But at the end of the day, it's my body and no one knows it better than myself.

I did NOT do chemo or radiation the doctor recommended. I became cancer free after 2 months of eliminating acid from my life. I made meditation and sunshine part of my daily routine, I became a vegan, ate and drank only ph 7+ food and water, well...in two months my CA-125 ovarian cancer test I went from almost 5,000 to 80. The normal value is less than 35 U/mL. Today I stand at a 5!!! Whoooooohooooooooo

Cancer can NOT live in an Alkaline environment. Cancer needs acid to survive. So by eliminating acid foods from the diet is the name of the Cancer Free tune for me.

I wish only good health and love to all.

I'd be wary of any food where the claim is made that it can cure cancer.
I speak from two view points:
One trying to sell on such a claim(Turned the job down).
The second because there'll be no more after me, parts lost due to Cancer.

I've seen many claims over the years for different foods, but very little proof. The same for some medicines.

I'd be wary of any food where the claim is made that it can cure cancer.
I speak from two view points:
One trying to sell on such a claim(Turned the job down).
The second because there'll be no more after me, parts lost due to Cancer.

I've seen many claims over the years for different foods, but very little proof. The same for some medicines.
I agree. The alkaline argument I've come across before but there is no scientific or statistical proof whatsoever that it works. I had a friend who tried it. He followed a strict non-acid diet for a year. Then he died of cancer. Of course, people do go into remission or even become free of cancer with no drug or surgical interventions - but that doesn't mean that they were cured by their diet.

But its good that your heath is so much better @dinewithkathy! Welcome to the forum.

I had stage 3 ovarian cancer 11 years ago. The doctors gave me a 20% chance of survival due to the fact I have a genetic cancer gene called the BRCA mutation. My doctor insisted I do chemo and I refused. I asked him if my body needed it's immune system to fight the cancer. He told "YES" and I told him, "Why would I kill my immune system with chemicals, when it's the only thing I've got going for me?". Needless to say he wasn't happy. But at the end of the day, it's my body and no one knows it better than myself.

I did NOT do chemo or radiation the doctor recommended. I became cancer free after 2 months of eliminating acid from my life. I made meditation and sunshine part of my daily routine, I became a vegan, ate and drank only ph 7+ food and water, well...in two months my CA-125 ovarian cancer test I went from almost 5,000 to 80. The normal value is less than 35 U/mL. Today I stand at a 5!!! Whoooooohooooooooo

Cancer can NOT live in an Alkaline environment. Cancer needs acid to survive. So by eliminating acid foods from the diet is the name of the Cancer Free tune for me.

I wish only good health and love to all.
For anyone who has posted.

This from Cancer Research UK
"Some myths about cancer are surprisingly persistent, despite flying in the face of basic biology. One such idea is that overly ‘acidic’ diets cause your blood to become ‘too acidic’, which can increase your risk of cancer. Their proposed answer: increase your intake of healthier ‘alkaline’ foods like green vegetables and fruits (including, paradoxically, lemons).

This is biological nonsense. True, cancer cells can’t live in an overly alkaline environment, but neither can any of the other cells in your body.

Blood is usually slightly alkaline. This is tightly regulated by the kidneys within a very narrow and perfectly healthy range. It can’t be changed for any meaningful amount of time by what you eat, and any extra acid or alkali is simply peed out in urine."

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk...the-hype-10-persistent-cancer-myths-debunked/
Myth 3: ‘Acidic’ diets cause cancer

I'm not trying to knock you for overcoming it, I've been there my myself. I can still remember clearly being seen at the hospital. My reaction/response to the options given. And that of of the Nurse sitting in whilst this was going on. How he could best get the results to me, without breaching confidentiality. And where I was when that came through. My second first day on holiday, sat listening to the local radio station whilst having a cuppa. The second that morning, when the phone went. Letter received.

Not all of the Turmeric contained in a capsule or powder ( spice) can be assimilated by the body. They say you have to take it with something that has oil in it to ensure proper absorption. Be careful though, everything you touch with it becomes golden literally.

Back
Top Bottom