Catering Services

ReadmeByAmy

Veteran
Local time
11:40 PM
If you are working as a food server in a Catering Services kind of food business what will you do with the leftover foods that is meant to be serve in the party where you are catering...meaning they are part of the foods to be serve but not all the foods are eaten by the guest or visitors and that foods can still be eaten. What are the precautionary measures you will do so that the foods will not easily get spoiled and that they can still eat the foods for a few hours more.

I would make sure that anything the needs to be refrigerated is done so or is on ice to keep it from spoiling. I would not leave the food laying around in the heat or in a place that was too warm. The food that was left out would be checked on often to make sure it was still fresh. I am not really sure as it is not really my thing but I know you have to be very careful because the last thing you want to happen is for people to get food poisoning because of your neglect as a caterer.

I don't tend to cook chill but my golden rule is food has to get to a safe temperature within 90 minutes I have used a blast chiller or you can place in smaller batches

Back
Top Bottom