Check THIS out!

When i was a kid my mom had an oster mixer/blender combo machine that could turn into a mixer or a bender or an ice cream maker or a meat grinder. It was a champ and lasted until a hurricane collapsed the kitchen on to it. Sometime i see them at the thrifts and think about buying it...i still have the ice cream maker attachment...not sure how that got kept when the rest got tossed. It was a lot lighter than the mixer she replaced it with.

Oster seems to be having a resurgence of popularity.

I do like that hand mixer...looks easy to clean but that price...i guess i'll wait a few years and pick it up at the thrift for a lot cheaper lol

I am queen of finding a bargain, i like nice stuff...but my budget is small.

A story that loosely applys: so my mom was eating cheap oreo knockoffs. I told her i couldn't stand that brand, i only like oreos. She says, "well oreos are expensive" i told her, "i would rather save up my pennies and buy oreos and fully enjoy them once in awhile instead of make do with not so good cookies all the time."

I still find this is a good strategy on most things but a better strategy is to save up those same pennies and wait for a buy one get one sale or a % off sale...thats when you get the most bang for your buck.

If you let the butter sit out for a while, it'll get soft. Just did that today to make a small cake. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom