Recipe Chicken liver pate.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
2:20 AM
Do you make your own? I do and I get great comments on my pate. I'd like to share it with you. My kids will crawl over broken glass to get at mine. I serve it with nice crackers gerkins and a masdaam cheese and curried onions.

500 Gm chicken livers
100 gms butter
2 or 3 garlic cloves
2 slices of bacon (optional)
2 bay leaves
1/2.reaspoon thyme
1/4,to 1/2 cup cream
S and pepper

Strip out the membrane that runs between the livers, as much as possible then fry in the butter and garlic. Add the rest and cook until livers are just cooked through. Then I process in a kitchen whizz and add cream to make a nice texture. Then I put in ramekins and top with melted butter to seal the pate. Keeps for about 10 days.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I do sometimes make it - not quite the same way as you do. I never put cream in it as I find its a very rich thing anyway - I use sherry and/or brandy and butter. I've not tried adding bacon but can see that would work. Try adding a splash of sherry or brandy at the end of cooking the livers... it makes quite a difference.

Do you make your own? I do and I get great comments on my pate. I'd like to share it with you. My kids will crawl over broken glass to get at mine. I serve it with nice crackers gerkins and a masdaam cheese and curried onions.

500 Gm chicken livers
100 gms butter
2 or 3 garlic cloves
2 slices of bacon (optional)
2 bay leaves
1/2.reaspoon thyme
1/4,to 1/2 cup cream
S and pepper

Strip out the membrane that runs between the livers, as much as possible then fry in the butter and garlic. Add the rest and cook until livers are just cooked through. Then I process in a kitchen whizz and add cream to make a nice texture. Then I put in ramekins and top with melted butter to seal the pate. Keeps for about 10 days.

Russ

Looks like a good pate recipe. Have you ever made Cajun dirty rice?

Yes I do sometimes make it - not quite the same way as you do. I never put cream in it as I find its a very rich thing anyway - I use sherry and/or brandy and butter. I've not tried adding bacon but can see that would work. Try adding a splash of sherry or brandy at the end of cooking the livers... it makes quite a difference.

Yeah, good point, I forgot to say I add about 2 tablespoons of Cointreau. Or even sherry as you say!! Don't know how alcohol slipped my mind, lol.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I make the pate in our house and usually make the pressed, then baked kind. The one he really likes is actually out of a LA cookbook, is wrapped in bacon, uses chicken livers, various spices and other ingredients, some booze, weighted down overnight, then baked in a water bath, cured overnight at least, then eaten.

Back
Top Bottom